Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2013 REPORT: Remington 783 rifle

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky72 View Post
    i would be surprise that it would shoot better then a savage.
    Me too.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushbum40 View Post
    I have a crazy idea........How bout gun makers stop making the cheapest crap they possibly can, and start making good rifles for a reasonable price.
    I'm sure they would say that its not profitable to build a quality rifle at a reasonable price. Thats why they produce the entry level rifles.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Magellann View Post
    Me too.
    for sure

I bought 783...270

Quote Originally Posted by silverfoxdj View Post
    for sure
    Entry level gun for entry level hunter...sounded right...the "hype" sounded good too.
    Bought the gun (actually found one) had to wait to buy a scope, grabbed a bushnell trophy hunter 3-9 x 40 600 DOA

Took it out couldnt get it to site in anywhere close, buddy (hunting all his life) says no problem bring it and a box of shells.

Now I will tell you, the bolt slides flawlessly, she jammed once federal ammo hasn't jammed since.
    Buddy dropped my rifle and of course it dropped on the scope.
    No he'll never touch another piece of my equip again.
    I took it to a shop, they said off way to the right, shrugged about the scope..."anybodies guess if it was undamaged"

I've been hunting with a recurve axiom crossbow and can hit a lonnie at 40 paces....didnt realize my eyes were that bad went to use the scope but was pleased when turned scope down to 3 and was actually hitting paper.

That was last week, took my bow out for her usual tune up/check up this morning she has a fixed 2.5 scope no problems, 30, 40 and 50 paces.
    Took the 783 out started at 3 x at 25 yards and had to adjust scope, at 50 yards couldn't hit paper, again way off to the right....scope is toast?
    Used winchester ammo, no feed problems, no ejection problems, bolt slides like glass on ice...and compared to my fathers 303 british mk1 hits like a 60 lb girl.
    I am putting either a fixed 2.5-3.0 scope or more than likely because of my far sighting problems (ya golden years...I'm 50) I will probably put 250 to 300 into a red/green dot scope sited for 100 or 150 yards....

Got dads 303, looks like that will be the better of the two because if she wont stay on sight with the red/green dot....I will let you know!
    Be back next week...sighting is very subjective these guys calling sub moa using tables and sandbags....try feild testing I think myself and the guy after his next meal is more interested in that....if it doesnt work out she'll be up for sale and i will buy a savage.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123