SHOT SHOW 2013 REPORT: Remington 783 rifle

tootall

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
The Remington 783 rifle is a budget rifle aimed squarely at similar priced guns by Savage and Ruger, etc.
It has a synthetic stock and a button rifled barrel, rather than the CHF (cold hammer forged) barrel of the Rem 700.
It is an entry level gun, and is priced accordingly.

It is available in .270 Win, 7mm Rem Mag, .308 Win, and of course, .30-06

DSC_5333.jpg

DSC_5331.jpg

DSC_5330.jpg

DSC_5329.jpg

(top 3, IIRC)

Another page in Remingtons story of trying to be mediocre. Still a step up from the 710 I guess.

for all the well deserved Remington Hate going around, i do like the larger trigger guard, seems it would accomidate us gloved shooters a bit better, wouldent mind seeing the range report on this fella along with the price

Maybe if Cerberus sells the group of companies including Remington to real shooting enthusiasts, rather than bean counters, maybe they might start making real guns again.

i have no interest in it but i guess it fills a supposed niche for a budget hunting rifle

what i want is them to bring back varmint rifles with real stocks on them like the VS/LVSF of old instead of all these plastic stocked "varmint" rifles

I have a crazy idea........How bout gun makers stop making the cheapest crap they possibly can, and start making good rifles for a reasonable price.

Looks kind of nice for a budget rifle....I think I'll try one in 7 mag once they are in local stores!! Street price will probably be under 400.00

Seems Savage, Mossberg, Marlin and Remington are all using the SAME action and just putting their own little twist on it. If this is indeed the case (which seems from first glance) Why all the bashing...everyone loves the Savage Axis!!! Be happy the 770 is gone and new shooters have access to a much nicer version of a Savage!!!

well the 770 was....junk, this looks pretty much the same. Remington needs to fire the drunk clown that keeps designing this trash!!!

The one thing that you can't tell from the picture is the quality. I bought a 700 SPS in 223rem and it required a lot of work to become a nice rifle. The two things that stood out most is the chamber needed to be polished due to a wierd bump that showed on the fired case, and the feed rails needed to be polished so they didn't destroy my cases. These things shouldn't pass any inspection.

Is there anyone here who has field tested this rifle and has an actual review of it other than judging "the book by its cover"? Looking for a budget rifle for the wife and a local gunsmith has offered this one and a ruger american both with a scope for $425. We looked at a remington 770 yesterday, used with a scope for $350. The bolt was sloppy (as per usual) but she liked the feel of the butt when sholdered. She tried the savage axis and just couldn't get it to sit right. If it wasn't for that bolt the remington 770 would be in our gun case right now.

The one thing that you can't tell from the picture is the quality. I bought a 700 SPS in 223rem and it required a lot of work to become a nice rifle. The two things that stood out most is the chamber needed to be polished due to a wierd bump that showed on the fired case, and the feed rails needed to be polished so they didn't destroy my cases. These things shouldn't pass any inspection.

I was looking at that thanks for the heads up..

Back
Top Bottom