SHOT SHOW 2013 REPORT: Steyr L9-A1 pistol

tootall

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Sorry, I didnt get much details on this one, but it is very new. The sample gun on display is even marked AFT sample
tootallM91.jpg
tootallM92.jpg

( Notice . ATF sample! . just below Austria :) )

Attachments

• tootallM91.jpg
    tootallM91.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 439
  • tootallM92.jpg
    tootallM92.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 343
Last edited by a moderator:
Any notable differences between this the the M9A1?

Looks exactly the same.....

Further to my last post (can't edit for some reason), this is good news because of not needing a custom barrel fab to meet our regs. Meaning we should be able to have the latest and greatest, unlike the M9 which was always a few years behind the US at least (though I have an 08 M9-A1 and its flawless).

What i'd like to see is the Caracal pistol. Same designer, but with slightly slimmer ergos. If only they made a threaded barrel for it, to get us legal.

What i'd like to see is the Caracal pistol. Same designer, but with slightly slimmer ergos. If only they made a threaded barrel for it, to get us legal.

I want to see their new 9mm rifle in Canada.....

To my eye, I see a warp in the polymer at the front of the frame, if the slide is straight, and I hope it is! The gap seems uneven. It's a new pre-production probably, but.....!

Any notable differences between this the the M9A1?

Looks exactly the same.....

Also ...
I read somewhere, although I can't find it now that the trigger has been improved to be more like the glock. what this means ... I don't know. I too have a flawless '08 so I won't be purchasing an L9 but I'm happy North Sylva is getting updated stock.

I hope it's going to be much better than the lousy M9 A1s North Sylva imported up to now in Canada.:bsFlag: I had one, was FTEing like crazy, plus the so-called Picatinny rail was anything else but a Picatinny (I couldn't mount a Streamlight laser/flashlight on it; I measured it and all its dimensions were very far from the Picatinny ones). North Sylva declined even to replace the extractor and the spring (normal FTE fix for the years they imported); lucky the dealer (SFRC) was fair and took it back with full refund.

According to the folklore, a handful of the M9-A1s brought into Canada had FTF and FTE issues. The fix for these few guns was quick, easy and well known.

All mine needed was a good cleaning... Now it chews through everything with no issues.

Steyr makes a great gun. It's a shame that it has been needlessly gossiped about so much.

I mean it's not like one has ever blown up in someones hands right?

567546_original.gif

L9-A1 technical question

I just got one of these last night. Does anyone else notice a gap that's bigger at the front than the back (between the slide and the frame)? I've talked myself into thinking that it looks this way in other pictures too, so don't think I've received a faulty gun, but wanted to know what you think. The slide is springy and can be compressed at the front of the gun to to close the gap.
Is this normal, or should I be concerned.
The image attached is not my actual gun, but thought you could see what I mean. I'll take a picture when I get home from work.
Any comments are appreciated. Thanks.

http://patdollard.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/2012-09_ESuT_ww_INN_Steyr-L9_IMG_9837_online.jpg

Bought mine today a L9 AI... 9mm with the new Tritium sights, always been a great fan of Steyr products, it will fit great beside my Steyr rifles in the safe... JP.

Back
Top Bottom