Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SHOT SHOW REPORT 2013: Pink Stuff

I was under the impression blue was what was used for dummy guns and or training aids. Orange for children toys had orange tips.

I don't know why but I really like that orange one, too bad they only have 3" barrels. there made by diamondback firearms by the way in case anyone was curious

Some Canadian legal barrels on the pink would help keep me out of the doghouse with the miss'.

CGN frequent flyer
    I see a big problem with making a gun look like a toy.
    Make all the pro-arguments you want - it's a safety concern and is negligent on the makers behalf.

CGN frequent flyer WestIslandRifle's Avatar
    I'd like the skull upper lower set would go with the skull PMAGS
    member C.P.C.A, NFA and F.Q.T
    "Keep your powder dry , and your eyes on the target " R.Lee Ermey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grove View Post
    Really useful if you are in the woods or tall grass/ect and drop your gun, since in America you can take handguns nearly anywhere.

Heck even if you are in a canoe and it sinks a short distance it will stand out as long as bottom isn't all silt/ect.
    That say effect could be achieved with any bright colour though. I agree that Oranage should be left for visibility hunting. At least if it was lime green or basically any other colour besides orange. Kids especially in the states don't learn firearms training from a course but from a family member they might go snooping in the parents room, leave alone the guns that actually look like ones and take that and play with it as it looks like the one in his room.

To each his own, just my opinion.
    At least I am considerate if a bit gun illiterate-BGM

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hotdog View Post
    There must be some concerns about how attractive those colours are to kids and "toyish"
    they make firearms appear.
    Agree. Maybe this approach is an effort to take on the antis? Black Rifles, yeah well all know they think they're scary, but a pink AR15? Come on, add a couple pink pom-poms. Game over. Antis lose.

CGN Regular
    I really don't like the orange, I would absolutely mistake it for a dummy gun at a glance

CGN Regular
    Personally, I would not keep a gun in my home that looks (and probably feels) like a child's water pistol or cap gun. As another poster said, it just seems like a safety concern.

The other ones look cool, just not something that small, brightly colored and plastic.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123