I'll be back

gristle111

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Stopped in on Monday late just before closing.. picked up a crate of 308.. Was a slight mix up and had to return the next day to exchange for the correct stuff. error was corrected and got a nice discount on some other ammo for my trouble. thanks Al Flahery .. You know how to treat a customer.

Indeed, Al Flaherty's is renowned for its customer service. But exchanging ammo is very dangerous and many stores don't do it anymore? Why? Because people would use up the ammo, then will reload it cheaply and will try to return for money or exchange it. The next customer who gets that tainted box can get hurt badly, depending on the reloads.

Indeed, Al Flaherty's is renowned for its customer service. But exchanging ammo is very dangerous and many stores don't do it anymore? Why? Because people would use up the ammo, then will reload it cheaply and will try to return for money or exchange it. The next customer who gets that tainted box can get hurt badly, depending on the reloads.

In this case we ended up with a few cases labeled as .308 from the wholesaler that where .223 inside, so it wasn't a big deal, but yes, as a general rule for insurance reasons we do not take returns on ammunition.

This happened last year. A CGNner bought value packs (Winchester 9mm Value Pack as far as I can remember). After opening the package, it looks like a batch of poorly reloaded FMJ Ammo. He returned to the store explaining what he found, and after inspection of AF's inventory, it was indeed a bad inventory. They pulled out the inventory and checked whatever is good and took the bad ones. The CGNner took several 100-pc Value Pack instead (he initially bought several 50-pc pack), just not sure if he got some price break for the hassle. Being the only restricted FA dealer in Toronto, I believe we should be supporting an honest to goodness dealer like Al F.

i was out shooting Hornady .308 SST ammo, not the cheapest cartridges around,... opened a 20 pack and found that one cartridge was not like the others. it was a 22-250. simple enough, gave the bullet to my buddy. then i went home and emailed Hornady.
they actually called me back and sent me a baseball hat. i'm not too picky, a box of bullets would have been nice... or a supply of ammo in the amount of my Savage BA which could have been ruined. BUT,... i was happy enough that they actually took the time to call,... and the baseball hat was a bonus. a cheap bonus... but a bonus.

Back
Top Bottom