Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Stalingrad Battle of Death 3 Parts (english )

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 5440fight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ostrof View Post
    If you don"t know history then we shouldn't continue ...
    "God forgive them for they know not what they do ..."
    "History" is highly subjective, and is told differently based on the perspective of the speaker. The "truth" is middle line between opposite perspectives. I don't like anyone that kills innocent people without regret, regardless of how "history" remembers them at that particular moment. I have studied history all my life, and the truth is elusive, and tends to change every few decades. First person stories ring more true, but lack the full perspective of "history'.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Paulus did not have the balls to stand up to Hitler, he let himself be encircled and thus the 6th army was doomed. One of history's great military blunders.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 5440fight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J996 View Post
    Paulus did not have the balls to stand up to Hitler, he let himself be encircled and thus the 6th army was doomed. One of history's great military blunders.
    Yep. The book "Enemy at the Gates" was a good read. (The non-fiction one, not the romantic story hollywood told.)
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Really!? What if the Germans developed the nuke first!? Beat that one!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBeaverBoomStix View Post
    The development and deployment of the atomic bomb renders all "what if" theories irrelevant.

Berlin would have been atomized and the germans would have surrendered, just as Japan did.

The same reason no nation will ever invade the US, or any other nuclear power. Peace at last, in theory.
    "Your beard is so fat, not even Dora can explore it!"
    -Si Robertson

Thanks for sharing these Al.

The Germans and Japanese were doomed from the start with the allies controlling 90% of the worlds oil supply.
    Only by a comedy of errors by the allies in the beginning, and a lucky start, did the Axis get as far as they did.
    UNPROFOR 94/95, SFOR 2001
    Member of the CCFR and CPC.
    If you are not donating $20/month to the CPC then you are not serious about owning and keeping your guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Chameleon View Post
    Really!? What if the Germans developed the nuke first!? Beat that one!

The Germans might have been the first to split the atom but were way off(200 pounds off) when it came to the development of the nuke, it also didn't help that they didn't have the vital resources( heavy water) to create the fissile materials they needed.

And sledge I agree the Japanese having no natural resources were screwed from the get go and the only reason they got so far was that they took china while she was having a civil war and its not hard to take a inhabited or scarcely protected atolls and islands.

The Germans were very well organized and had a very modern army ( except for the kar98s) but opted for the more complicated (tiger, panther ,way and occasionally over the top way( Bismarck, tiger II) of making and designing things wich makes excellent but very expensive and time consuming weapons of war. If anything their downfall was attacking Russia had hitler learned from Napolians mistakes he might have won. More tanks might of helped also total production was around 8000 I think vs Russia 50 000-70 000 tanks and the states 50-55000 tanks

CGN frequent flyer boss351cleveland's Avatar
    I was in Volgagrad formally known as ''Stalingrad'' , there some still old shot up buildings around , the museum is very nice , took me over 8 hours to see everything .

Quote Originally Posted by DJdeadlyDALEK View Post
    http://rt.com/politics/volgograd-ren...eferendum-387/

I think they should change the name back to Stalingrad
    Sure, sure. I mean, he was just a paranoid, anti-semitic, mass-murderering dictator on par with Adolf Hitler.
    Maybe the Germans should change the name of Passau to "Hitlerville"...?
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

CGN frequent flyer boss351cleveland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbravo2zero View Post
    Sure, sure. I mean, he was just a paranoid, anti-semitic, mass-murderering dictator on par with Adolf Hitler.
    Maybe the Germans should change the name of Passau to "Hitlerville"...?
    X2 i hate that commie bastard Stalin, i spit on his statue when i was there lol .. but amazingly 75% of the current population of Volgagrad want the city renamed back to Stalingrad ?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast