Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Stalingrad Battle of Death 3 Parts (english )

CGN Regular
    FANTASTIC Documentary thank you so much for showing us AL!!!! i was looking for a good Russian ww2 documentary to watch

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Marcus_Halberstram's Avatar
    tag
    The continuance of the mandatory license as contained in sections 91 and 92 of the Criminal Code is the gravest threat to firearms ownership in Canada.

“An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile—hoping it will eat him last.”--Winston Churchill

When I was younger (14-23) I used to fantasize about being special forces and thought a lot about joining the army. I didn't know anything about politics and all I knew of war was what I was told, read in books and saw on the history channel. I thought it would be great to run around with guns and explosives. I felt invincible and never questioned the motivation behind WHY people were fighting. Thankfully I managed to live through my 20's and have grown older and wiser. I have a much greater respect for human life and understand that it's never the people who fight the wars who decide to go to war. Watching these videos you can see that humanity. The sociopaths and psychopaths have no problem with the killing and death but you can see the regular guys really struggling with what they were doing.

I really do think that the innocence of youth is exploited by recruiters and when you're that young you have no idea what your signing up for. You haven't developed your own ideas or opinions yet and you end up being programed by the military. I believe we should have a standing military to protect us AT HOME but when I look at stuff like Vietnam and Iraq all I see is other peoples fathers, sons and husbands being sent to their death.

War truly is hell on earth and, thought I've never seen it, I can only imagine how horrific it really is.

Oh, and thanks for posting. I find that period in history extremely fascinating.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jeffcarr88's Avatar
    Great videos, thanks for sharing!!!
    Never argue with an idiot!!! --- Do not ASSume!!! --- “Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place then come down and shoot the survivors.” – Ernest Hemingway

[QUOTE=Wally;8329279] I believe we should have a standing military to protect us AT HOME but when I look at stuff like Vietnam and Iraq all I see is other peoples fathers, sons and husbands being sent to their death.
    [QUOTE]

I agree in general, but sometimes it better to fight on enemy territory so we would never have to protect us at home.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 5440fight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boss351cleveland View Post
    X2 i hate that commie bastard Stalin, i spit on his statue when i was there lol .. but amazingly 75% of the current population of Volgagrad want the city renamed back to Stalingrad ?
    It's a new Russian thing. They see strength, as a quality to admire, regardless of what comes with it. Look at Putin's grip on the country for decades, it makes a mockery of the democratic process, and free speach, but no-one cares, because he's perceived as strong. Since Putin came to power, there has been a lot of Stalin nostalgia, and statues are going back up, saluting the "old guards" of the communist era. Whatever. The whole species is retarded, why pick on the Russians for it. Memory is a flexible thing too, why do you think the term "the good old days" exists?
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tyockell18's Avatar
    Excellent Documentary, was always more fascinated with the eastern front for some reason. My father in law will really enjoy it as well.

Thanks for posting.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tjhaile's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DJdeadlyDALEK View Post
    http://rt.com/politics/volgograd-ren...eferendum-387/

I think they should change the name back to Stalingrad
    I think they should change the name back to Tsaritsyn.

Tagged

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast