Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 68910111213141516

Thread: New Items Feb 8 2013 inc 1887 T2 Terminator Shotguns

CGN frequent flyer Dave_Shotgun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotwheels81 View Post
    Oooooo she's fun to shoot... Think I will hold off on one handing it with slugs for a loooong time tho :D
    How did you find the recoil of the gun? Does it tend to jump back at you being a pistol grip? I still have to test mine out, but I'm wondering how tightly I should hold the gun?
    CSSA Member and Teacher in Ontario.

CGN Regular
    That was fun! got the T2 out tonight. You guys had me scared LOL! it is very manageable. I shot a slug one handed at a 2L bottle from about 10 yards. It vaporized when I pulled the trigger, so I guess its doable :D Cycled the 3 types of shells I had on hand flawlessly, until the screws loosened off and it jammed. Tightened screws, resumed smooth action. You don't have to hammer the action to make it eject as I've been dreading. It just works nice and smooth. If you totally wuss out on it, it could possibly hang up the ejector, but it isn't something that I was able to induce with 'normal' handling. I did shoot some pigeons, or shoot at them at least Even for me, the results were not too good. The YL-12 did much better with a stock and a 19" barrel compared to the big azz dueling pistol with the 17.5" barrel :D This has to be the coolest gun in my collection. I originally intended to put a full stock on it, but it just kicks so much azz like it is, I may have to get another one to stock!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Shotgun View Post
    I'm wondering how tightly I should hold the gun?
    predict its direction of travel. If you don't want it to go there, hang on really, really tight I was so nervous for the first shot that I'm surprised I didn't dent it heh heh! I progressed rapidly to firing it like a pistol using the bead sight. Its a tad nose heavy this 6 pound pistol, and kicks like a mule, but crazy cool!
    With all that, and all the other shooting I did, I can definitely feel it in my forearm already Tomorrow morning should be real fun. No Regrets!

Does anyone know how much the T2 weighs? And how many shells it can hold? Also has anyone else had issues with the ejector? I'm interest in using this shotgun as a bear defense gun when I go hiking and for some fun pigeon shooting.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer luke s's Avatar
    I would not depend on it for bear defense, too finicky. a pump would be a better bet

holds 5 + 2

Quote Originally Posted by BigBC View Post
    Does anyone know how much the T2 weighs? And how many shells it can hold? Also has anyone else had issues with the ejector? I'm interest in using this shotgun as a bear defense gun when I go hiking and for some fun pigeon shooting.

CGN Regular
    Weight is 6 pounds, 2 ounces.
    5+1+1 capacity.
    it is somewhat slower to reload the magazine than a typical pump gun, but very fast to jam 2 shells at once. when you close the action one will go in the chamber and the second rides ready to lever in. If you use 7 on a bear and still need more, it makes a pretty formidable club too. I Wouldn't hesitate to carry it for bear duty.

Last edited by onmywaytoimpact; 04-26-2013 at 02:36 AM. Reason: weighed it.

Thanks for the information. I don't profess to be a great shot, but I think I could manage one out of seven. I know pumps are faster, but being a lefty the neutrality of a lever action intrigues me. Also I have not seen too many pumps that can hold 6 in the tube (I am not interested in a magazine) for a reasonable price.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer luke s's Avatar
    In a situation like that you won't have time for 7 shots, and under stress you are likely to jam the action. This is what my advice refers to. A pump is simply more reliable under stress, and yes they hold 6 with an extension and 18" barrel

Thanks for the information. I don't profess to be a great shot, but I think I could manage one out of seven. I know pumps are faster, but being a lefty the neutrality of a lever action intrigues me. Also I have not seen too many pumps that can hold 6 in the tube (I am not interested in a magazine) for a reasonable price.

CGN Regular
    Luke must have got a lemon. Mine seems impossible to jam, and is certainly for me as fast as a pump. Also very handy as a lefty. And no stupid safety to inadvertently engage. All in all, totally lacking the defects I keep reading about.
    YMMV.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotwheels81 View Post
    Oooooo she's fun to shoot... Think I will hold off on one handing it with slugs for a loooong time tho :D

You are killing me with that nice picture!!!

What kind of shell are those?
    CCFR member