Bosnian optics imports. Any chance?

BeaverMeat

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Looking around for Zrak optics/mounts. I have found some used ones on online Bosnian "kijiji style" market place websites. Any chance of doing an import of select items? It would be awesome.:rockOn:

ZRAK SCOPES;

Years ago we did a lot of business with that firm, have been to the factory many times....
Since the war their prices are completely out of sight....
If we are offered any surplus, as in the past, we will of course look at it

John

I think the surplus boat has sailed and sunk when it comes to Zrak Mauser high-turret mounts. There is a group of Americans in the process of buying a good portion of the remaining 1000 pieces from ZRAK DD Sarajevo. I might be getting two sets from a fellow down there if all goes well.

A pre-war ZRAK M89 optic would really hit the spot

Last edited:
Bosna still manufactures something? If this is a mount for the M48 i would be interested. Something that wont mark or deface my M48 and i would be able to mount a scope my eyes are not good enough for irons at longer ranges

ZRAK SCOPES;

Years ago we did a lot of business with that firm, have been to the factory many times....
Since the war their prices are completely out of sight....
If we are offered any surplus, as in the past, we will of course look at it

John

John, do you mean you cannot buy optics parts from them right now or the prices are just too high at the moment ???

I have heard that the new Zrak Optics are not as good as they used to be, but are much higher in price.

I have heard that the new Zrak Optics are not as good as they used to be, but are much higher in price.

pre-war (anything up to the early 90s) optics is what I am after.

Military optics ON-2 (with 7.9 or 7.62 BDC), ON-M76, ON-M76A, ON-M76B (with 7.9 or 7.62 BDC), ON-AP7.62 M89, ON-SP7.9 M93

Or some of the commercial optics ON-2L, 4x20, 4x32, 4x32 N, 6x42, 6x42 N

I have found many listed online, the only issue is getting them imported.

pre-war (anything up to the early 90s) optics is what I am after.

Military optics ON-2 (with 7.9 or 7.62 BDC), ON-M76, ON-M76A, ON-M76B (with 7.9 or 7.62 BDC), ON-AP7.62 M89, ON-SP7.9 M93

Or some of the commercial optics ON-2L, 4x20, 4x32, 4x32 N, 6x42, 6x42 N

I have found many listed online, the only issue is getting them imported.

I am not suggesting this for others, but I did get my ON-m76 from ebay without any hassle, just had to pay duties.

I'd be surprised if there were any import issues. The elephant in the room is ITAR, which keeps stuff from LEAVING the US. As long as the optics are purchased from any other country in the world, it should be easy enough, shouldn't it?

I'd be surprised if there were any import issues. The elephant in the room is ITAR, which keeps stuff from LEAVING the US. As long as the optics are purchased from any other country in the world, it should be easy enough, shouldn't it?

Most of the stuff online is sadly coming from the states. Or at least the stuff I have seen.

Hey guys, I managed to find one in the States two weeks ago and today, I received it.
Its a ON-M76B, cammed for the 8mm, in VG shape, with 3 light ring marks... Probably marks from a RPK mount.

Optic is clear but a tiny bit foggy...Maybe dirt...
Reticle is really nice and the range finder too.
Turrets looks and feel well made.

I also found here on CGN, a bosnian m48 sniper with zrak mounts and a vintage Zeiss scope.
I will use the Zeiss on another project and put this Zrak scope on the mauser :rolleyes:

005_zpsb287f6a0.jpg

006_zps84f25ad1.jpg

Hey guys, I managed to find one in the States two weeks ago and today, I received it.
Its a ON-M76B, cammed for the 8mm, in VG shape, with 3 light ring marks... Probably marks from a RPK mount.

Optic is clear but a tiny bit foggy...Maybe dirt...
Reticle is really nice and the range finder too.
Turrets looks and feel well made.

I also found here on CGN, a bosnian m48 sniper with zrak mounts and a vintage Zeiss scope.
I will use the Zeiss on another project and put this Zrak scope on the mauser :rolleyes:

005_zpsb287f6a0.jpg

006_zps84f25ad1.jpg

Nice pre-war example. The scope on my forthcoming rifle is an '84 serial. I am still looking for an other one. There is a Iraqi made M76 scope with 7.62x54 turrets on eBay

The price will jump in the last hour. I did win a auction of a M76-A, but the seller did not have the proper permits.

The vast majority of these are in former Yugoslavia. I had a conversation with someone in Bosnia via email who did speak English. He told me that they are not allowed to export anything arms related with out proper permits, which are really tough to get. But I believe clarification is needed to confirm this.

I received the rifle today.
Now I have my tandzara sniper clone... :p
I'm really surprised how the eye relief is good, about 3.5 inch.
Enjoy

005_zpsbb8443d2.jpg

006_zpsf2709e0b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom