Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10121314151617181920

Thread: Sylvester road cleanup!

we should schedule another cleanup day specially for the first 4kms

The better the weather the harder it will be to find a spot that is not in use to clean up on a weekend.
    We should have a sponsored site type signage, kinda like they have for roads, maybe some of them that mess it up will get the hint lol.

"This site is cleaned and maintained by CGN, Please keep it that way and pack out what you bring in."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildcustom2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmer View Post
    The better the weather the harder it will be to find a spot that is not in use to clean up on a weekend.
    We should have a sponsored site type signage, kinda like they have for roads, maybe some of them that mess it up will get the hint lol.

"This site is cleaned and maintained by CGN, Please keep it that way and pack out what you bring in."
    While I admire your attitude of diplomacy it won't work. Spending money on signs is a waste because they have shot up every other government sign up there. The only way these people will get the point is if they are confronted with cameras in groups videoing them in the act and taking license plate numbers and having them charged or fined under the laws of this country. Then and only then will these people get the point.

Unfortunately though, they will just move somewhere else.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cyclops666's Avatar
    Unfortunately though, they will just move somewhere else.

This is why I don't complain about the yahoos there, I
    say let them have that spot as long as they don't find
    my spots ��

unfortunately i agree. its always been a stolen car dump site and has gotten to be a forgotten wasteland in the last ten years. its not even the same place it once was. dont get me wrong i respect all the work people put into the place but. the ya-whos will always intrude on the land and it might be better to keep them all in one spot. just a thought?

Just because people will continue to dump, doesn't mean I will give up on cleaning up and enforcement. It's my contribution to this hobby in a positive way. Other than my money to the CSSA, NFA and NRA.

sub'd for cleanup dates and info

Sadly it's a huge problem that not many want to take on.
    I tried to get the ball rolling again and got the "It's a dump and will always be. We tried once. There is no point in trying to get together, we all have other things going on and just don't have the time" Feeling when I tried.
    I'm not saying that's what others intended to come across as, but thats how it came across to me.
    I was last up there on Fri the 7th of June, did my shooting, cleaned up all my own mess and took 1 bag of garbage from others out with me. I couldn't fit more in my vehicle or I would have.
    Don't wait for others, just do your part and take out what you can.
    You will go home with a good feeling that you, no matter how small, tried.

Thank you all that do the same!

Quote Originally Posted by Emmer View Post
    Sadly it's a huge problem that not many want to take on.
    I tried to get the ball rolling again and got the "It's a dump and will always be. We tried once. There is no point in trying to get together, we all have other things going on and just don't have the time" Feeling when I tried.
    I'm not saying that's what others intended to come across as, but thats how it came across to me.
    I was last up there on Fri the 7th of June, did my shooting, cleaned up all my own mess and took 1 bag of garbage from others out with me. I couldn't fit more in my vehicle or I would have.
    Don't wait for others, just do your part and take out what you can.
    You will go home with a good feeling that you, no matter how small, tried.

Thank you all that do the same!
    Where was my invite

Actually been out of town the past 4 weeks so couldn't have helped.