Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Sylvester road cleanup!

Was up shooting today. Absolutely disgusting! We pulled out 5 bags of spent shotgun shells, and it didnt even make a dent! There was active logging going on, and a processor working and there was people still shooting in the area towards where the processor was working. Telling them as much was like talking to a brick wall.
    Once more into the fray
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know
    Live and die on this day
    Live and die on this day

Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    Was up shooting today. Absolutely disgusting! We pulled out 5 bags of spent shotgun shells, and it didnt even make a dent! There was active logging going on, and a processor working and there was people still shooting in the area towards where the processor was working. Telling them as much was like talking to a brick wall.
    exactly why the cops are up there on the regular. been stopped a couple times on the way down just to find out what I was doing. so unsafe to shoot up there, i trek far back up the FSR and only go at sun up. once noon hits you gotta wear your body armor cause all the rednecks and drunkards are finally up and about. i would come for the clean up but i moved to alberta and can shoot on my own land now instead of drive 45min from my townhouse to shoot in a garbage dump. good luck with the clean up.

Was up shooting today just up the hill at the 4km stayed clear of the people working up there managed to take a few boxes of casings and shells and a few garbage bags

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    Definitely post it on huntingbc.ca.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by r106 View Post
    Post this on Quads .ca and Huntingbc. Those 2 groups usually try to organize a clean up once in a while. Might be nice to pool resources and man power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutger View Post
    Post it on BC4x4 and Pirate4x4 as well maybe?
    If we do put together a clean-up , it might be a good idea to have the CGN crew take the lead.
    Two years ago, several groups came together to do a clean-up, and invited local TV news also.
    The organizer was from a Jeep or 4x4 club,, and even though there were several CGN and HBC members helping, the organizer spokesman still mentioned "lazy shooters".
    Kind of irritated me,, after spending a day out there.

I could be in as well depending what day is decided upon. It makes me sick to my stomach to go up there.

Pm me a date for a big clean up, i'll try to come out. Gonna go shooting soon with some buddies, i'll probably grab a garbage bag or two around little iraq

I would be interested in helping out also, Its a great place to do a little 4x4ing and every time we go there I'm amazed at the amount of shells and junk that has been shot up and abandoned! we would need a few bins (there is a LOT of ####), A bobcat, backhoe or tractor would be super helpfull!

Quote Originally Posted by tootall View Post
    I was up Sylvester road/Lost Creek FSR yesterday.
    There is a lot of active logging going on right now, so be aware of that.
    Oh, BTW, there is no snow on the road up to little Iraq, but there is still a few inches of snow off the road in the big gravel pit.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Line View Post
    As many of you may know the situation at Sylvester road is grim. We are interested in organizing a clean up trip to the area, to help preserve it for future safe use.
    all parties interested please post here and we can set up a date/time. I can provide a pickup to haul out some stuff as well as bags. Any thoughts, suggestions?

Regards,

Akash
    Blue Line Team
    I work Saturdays but I'm good to go for a Sunday or Monday..I have a car so can't haul much but would certainly come up and lend a hand.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast