Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Sylvester road cleanup!

Quote Originally Posted by dragonbait View Post
    I went out to Sylvester road for my first time today. Shot my Russian SKS for the first time as well.

I won't be able to make it out for the cleanup tomorrow, but I did pick up a bag of garbage, would have got more but I wouldn't have what to do with it!

[IMG]https://tainma.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pkW0QXUuy6vqFBnRCYebPhPf7JPIXuWY9JESbvxnjoZE7TNm 7rVJZQQfWBjZO_SxOyjF_TvL00R22hFNLAbXIvagA2fAfSrkn/WP_20130302_00

The sink was mine, haha.

After the first fork, I stayed to the right and it was the first spot to your left where I did some shooting. Going further north that way there is snow. I am not sure where you guys would be doing the cleanup, just thought I would give a heads up.
    Thanks for the heads up...Don't have any plans to try and clean-up anything in the snow so doubt we'll go that far up. We'll see what numbers turn up tomorrow and may do it again in the future and get a social side to it going as well.

Well we did make it up there today and we had a good turn out. I would say over a dozen people.

Working with a snow shovel and rake turned out to be more effort than it was worth and picking shells off the ground with gloved hands seemed to work best.

I would say we hauled out a few tonnes for sure!

Many thanks for Tommyinbc for his work in getting this organized with free dumping.

Nice to meet all you other fellow CGNer there also.

I think Tommyinbc will be posting some photos soon.

Regards

Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Steiner1000 View Post
    Well we did make it up there today and we had a good turn out. I would say over a dozen people.

Working with a snow shovel and rake turned out to be more effort than it was worth and picking shells off the ground with gloved hands seemed to work best.

I would say we hauled out a few tonnes for sure!

Many thanks for Tommyinbc for his work in getting this organized with free dumping.

Nice to meet all you other fellow CGNer there also.

I think Tommyinbc will be posting some photos soon.

Regards

Steiner
    Yep, well done guys...Thanks for turning up and all the effort put it. Good to meet everyone. Didn't make a 'huge' impact but we hauled away quite a bit and other people also noticed and appreciated the effort as well. I'll post some pics soon..Damn I've got some aches and pains tonight...Must of been the 15 tyres we hauled up the hill

We also talked to a few of the 4 X 4 's who where there and gave them one of our free dumping letters and they said they would also be hauling out some goods.

I think we got the CGN name out there and let them know that there are some shooters who are responsible and want to set a good example for others.

Hopefully new guys searching this forum for "Sylvester Road" will see these posts and start acting responsibly when shooting.

Regards

Steiner

CGN Regular
    Glad it was a good turnout, looking forward to the pics!

My load was 140KG of junk in the toyota, mostly shotgun hulls and 7.62 stripper clips, but a bunch of ceramic and a couple tires too.

Had a good time and got a bit of shooting in afterwards too! Thanks all.

-Braden

Hey, good job on gettin a cleanup goin up there. I havent been up ther ein a number of years now and it was pretty bad back even then. I was wondering whats the road liek up there now? Am i going to need a truck to get in there or is the logging road in decent shape? last time i went up was in a civic.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildcustom2's Avatar
    Great Job !!!!

Wish I could of made it but I'm still in Halifax. Have to plan something again in 3 months.

I've seen cars up there. Just take it slow on the washboard and small pot holes. Nothing too severe until further up.

they cut a brand new washout now, less than 1/2 a kilometer from where the road turns to gravel. No cars anymore. The crap we cleaned up was amazing: drywall compound, full paint cans, toilets, motorcycle helmets, batteries, tv's, computers, etc..., all shot to pieces. Just amazing how bad that makes us all look.
    karma is only justice without the satisfaction

CGN Regular
    Yeah, I don't think any cars will be getting up there. You will need a truck or suv for sure.