Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: Sylvester road cleanup!

I'm in the diary for March 3rd....I can take a pick up load of garbage as well and if we can't get funding for dump fee's I'll just pay for what I take.....Also nice to meet up with a few fello CGN's...Will liaise nearer the time and I'll bring some burgers as well....

Quote Originally Posted by mildcustom2 View Post
    Everyone good with March 3rd?

I have to discuss this with my friend that is the contractor. Our main concern will be figuring out how to get for example the District of Mission or some other government institution to foot the bill on dumping fees. Possibly a letter off to my local MLA or MP.

I think this will also be a good time to hold a meet and greet. Pick up some garbage, BBQ some burgers or smokies, possibly pop off a few rounds.

Although the down side to doing it on a weekend will be other shooters. The up side is no logging activity.

Also ran across ths thread to which I will be attending for now on.

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...y-Get-Together
    You should get those other shooters to help or at least maybe they will see you guy's cleaning up and might clean up after them self for once. If you see them leaving a mess behind then take there plate # and report them.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildcustom2's Avatar
    Called this number before. Even reported a guy who shot a swan while I was out waterfowl hunting.

RAPP Report All Poachers and Polluters 1-877-952-7277

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Hokus Grey's Avatar
    Good on you guys for taking it upon yourselves to make a situation like this right.

Most positive thing I've seen on CGN in a while. Goes a ways to restoring my faith.
    #BeLoveCreateProtect

Here are some people and companies that we have contacted in the past for our annual club(quads.ca) cleanup that might help.

Bins-Waste Services Inc.- can be dropped at the start of Lost Creek FSR (end of sylvester)
    District of Mission- they will arrange for waiver of dump fees at the transfer station for the bins and/or other vehicles with garbage.
    BC Ministry of Forests and Range or Mission Forest District- In the past, they donated garbage bags, gloves and cases of water.
    Reliable Towing- They pulled out stolen/burnt vehicles we reported
    Mission RCMP- They worked in conjunction with the tow company and would send out special units(hazmat) for possible hazardous materials and/or sealed barrels.

Unfortunately I don't have the actual names of the contact people anymore as I did this a few years ago but should be easy enough for one to find. These are just some suggestions as to who you might want to contact.

If this is on march 3rd, I won't be able to make it but as always will take a few bags out when I do make it up there.

Quote Originally Posted by mildcustom2 View Post
    Everyone good with March 3rd?

I have to discuss this with my friend that is the contractor. Our main concern will be figuring out how to get for example the District of Mission or some other government institution to foot the bill on dumping fees. Possibly a letter off to my local MLA or MP.

I think this will also be a good time to hold a meet and greet. Pick up some garbage, BBQ some burgers or smokies, possibly pop off a few rounds.

Although the down side to doing it on a weekend will be other shooters. The up side is no logging activity.

Also ran across ths thread to which I will be attending for now on.

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...y-Get-Together
    I'll contact The District of Mission regarding dump fee's (unless already done) I'm only 20 mins from their offices and about the same to the dump as well...I'll also check business hours of dump etc...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer H Wally's Avatar
    I'm good to go before march 15th. I would suggest saturdays or sundays as being best for most people. You would get the people who work regular shift, people in school, and people who are randomly available. Plus you'd get the weekend offroaders and shooters who come up and don't think about what's happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverik187 View Post
    Here are some people and companies that we have contacted in the past for our annual club(quads.ca) cleanup that might help.

Bins-Waste Services Inc.- can be dropped at the start of Lost Creek FSR (end of sylvester)
    District of Mission- they will arrange for waiver of dump fees at the transfer station for the bins and/or other vehicles with garbage.
    BC Ministry of Forests and Range or Mission Forest District- In the past, they donated garbage bags, gloves and cases of water.
    Reliable Towing- They pulled out stolen/burnt vehicles we reported
    Mission RCMP- They worked in conjunction with the tow company and would send out special units(hazmat) for possible hazardous materials and/or sealed barrels.

Unfortunately I don't have the actual names of the contact people anymore as I did this a few years ago but should be easy enough for one to find. These are just some suggestions as to who you might want to contact.

If this is on march 3rd, I won't be able to make it but as always will take a few bags out when I do make it up there.
    Thank you for the info. It's greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyinbc View Post
    I'll contact The District of Mission regarding dump fee's (unless already done) I'm only 20 mins from their offices and about the same to the dump as well...I'll also check business hours of dump etc...
    You got to it before me. Thanx for looking into it. If you need any help in any way let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by H Wally View Post
    I'm good to go before march 15th. I would suggest saturdays or sundays as being best for most people. You would get the people who work regular shift, people in school, and people who are randomly available. Plus you'd get the weekend offroaders and shooters who come up and don't think about what's happening.
    Sunday March 3rd

If Blue Line desires I can start my own thread? I don't want them to feel like I am hijacking in any way and offend.
    Last edited by mildcustom2; 02-17-2013 at 06:47 PM.