Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: Sylvester road cleanup!

Quote Originally Posted by theK.G.B View Post
    Ha! My bad, march 3rd sounds good. Are we donating dump fee's at this point?! More than happy to.
    I'll be contacting the District of Mission tomorrow and will see if they can waive dump fee's.....Just worth noting that the municipal dump is over the other side of Mission towards Stave Lake....I'll post their response asap..

Everyone agree on March 3rd?

I am good for that date.
    John.....

Quote Originally Posted by Steiner1000 View Post
    I could make it out there, from Pitt . Problem is I think I may need to park me car somewhere as I don't think it could take the back roads. So if someone could offer a lift from Mission I would be good to go I think.

Steiner
    I'm East Maple Ridge, so if you get yourself over here (or somewhere along the way) I'll pick you up..?

Quote Originally Posted by tommyinbc View Post
    I'm East Maple Ridge, so if you get yourself over here (or somewhere along the way) I'll pick you up..?
    Thanks for the offer Tommy I am going to put you on my friends list and when we have a final date I would be more than happy to go up with you.

Regards

Steiner

Last time I was up Sylvester road I took my boys on a sunday afternoon and it scared the crap out of me, I couldnt believe the amount of people shooting up there and the amount of people on quads around every corner and behind every hill, not a safe place to be, and the amount of garbage people leave behind is sad, needless to say I joined ridgedale rod and gun club soon after where for the most part people respect the place and safety is number one. Kudos to you guys for cleaning it up, Unfortunatly there are a few people up there that have no respect or regard for much of anything, Not the type of people I want my kids around.....Whew! I needed to get that off my chest!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 5440fight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigthunder001 View Post
    Last time I was up Sylvester road I took my boys on a sunday afternoon and it scared the crap out of me, I couldnt believe the amount of people shooting up there and the amount of people on quads around every corner and behind every hill, not a safe place to be, and the amount of garbage people leave behind is sad, needless to say I joined ridgedale rod and gun club soon after where for the most part people respect the place and safety is number one. Kudos to you guys for cleaning it up, Unfortunatly there are a few people up there that have no respect or regard for much of anything, Not the type of people I want my kids around.....Whew! I needed to get that off my chest!!
    Yeah, any time I bush shoot, I avoid other groups with a passion. Absolutely brutal safety, mindless littering a$$h0les. We take out two or three bags of garbage everytime we go, and it feels like were trying to empty a swimming pool with a bucket.

BTW, I've been at Ridgedale for 5 years, it's great! ^^^^
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Hey Guys
    Spoke with the Engineering dept at Mission today. Explained what the plan is and it looks like we should be okay for a waiver of dump fee's. Just need to get a final approval from the head of the Dept. A letter will be emailed to me and I can copy this to anyone who comes on the day, but it will be date specific......3rd March..Items that can be re-cycled need to be separated and are free at the dump anyway.

Letter emailed to me, so no dump fee's..
    Last edited by tommyinbc; 02-18-2013 at 08:40 PM.

march 3 works for me, and yes reliable are the guys always pulling those stolen burnt cars out of the trails down there I always see them around down there. with the support this is gaining we should definitely do a bbq lunch for the people that come to help. although I'm not sure what the best way to fund this would be. I have no problem chipping in to buy groceries for everyone as long as others do the same. I'll also bring what I can for shovels, rakes etc.

In the past, we have had timmies donate coffee and doughnuts. We also had burgers and hotdogs donated by a local food store(can't remember which one though).

I have found in the past that just going into businesses and explaining what you are doing, they are more than happy to help or donate items. We have never had to come out of pocket for anything due to the generosity of businesses and people.

Hopefully this can turn into an annual(or more frequent) cgn thing.

If things change in my schedule, I will make it out.

Hi all
    Don't wanna seem as if I'm the guy organising this, so perhaps others can suggest a time and exact spot to meet up (I've not been there before) on March 3rd....Is it also worth putting out a new thread just stating day and time..?