Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Just Arrived - GSG 1911s in OD and Tan!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.1911 View Post
    Two years ago I saw a GSG1911 .22 in a gun shop, and I was so amazing with it's quality, feeling and balance, but I just bought a ruger at that time. I have been so eager to buy a GSG 1911, until I saw some threads like this one…

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.ht...f=356&t=207958
    http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?p=3272473

and a lot more.. if you google 'GSG 1911 broken guide rod'

I am still worry about it, and from one of the thread it looks like the issues are more with serial number starting with 'B'.
    I am not sure about the one in the pic, the serial number looks like 'A513***'.

Anyone has any experience recently 2 years? Please shed a light for me.

Ok it goes like this that's the old guide rod they changed the design because it was breaking 2 sharp corners and it's a weak point they replaced it with the same thing but it's round on the bottom now the orginal was steel but what happened was it was breaking the cast barrel bushing so they replaced it with steel then it would damage the slide if it turned on it so they redesigned the guide rod, barrel bushing, recoil spring and washer. They even upgraded the barrel with a ramp so the guide rod wouldn't get stuck forward when you reassemble it on the edge of the barrel. You just need a new guide rod and your good to go.

the serial number is still there , just no GSG insignia

Yeah, these need black grips to go with the tan. That would complete the look in a big way. Brown looks cheesy.

Revolted
    The OD and the Tan actually come with black grips now instead of the brown. I will try to update the pictures this week.

Cheers,
    Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by sksscrew View Post
    Yeah, these need black grips to go with the tan. That would complete the look in a big way. Brown looks cheesy.

I have the black tactical model and it is the most used gun in my safe. I love it! I might need another one in tan.... Blue Line is awesome to deal with, I bought my GSG second hand yet Blue Line still warrantied parts for me when I broke a firing pin on mine (I uses snap caps for dry firing now) and Blue Line had me up and running in under a week, they also sent me the new updated parts (including steel guide rod) when I had problems with light primer strikes when I first bought the gun. I haven't had an problem since and I can't say enough good stuff about Blue Line Or the GSG 1911.
    Last edited by Comil_1983; 08-19-2013 at 10:11 AM.

CGN Regular

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by haha49 View Post
    Ok it goes like this that's the old guide rod they changed the design because it was breaking 2 sharp corners and it's a weak point they replaced it with the same thing but it's round on the bottom now the orginal was steel but what happened was it was breaking the cast barrel bushing so they replaced it with steel then it would damage the slide if it turned on it so they redesigned the guide rod, barrel bushing, recoil spring and washer. They even upgraded the barrel with a ramp so the guide rod wouldn't get stuck forward when you reassemble it on the edge of the barrel. You just need a new guide rod and your good to go.
    Sounds like the issue is fixed? Do I still need a new guide rod if I buy a new gun? I guess you were confused with the picture. I do not own a GSG1911, that is a picture from the internet.

Revolted
    All of the new pistols come with the updated internals.

Cheers,
    Ryan

Sounds like the issue is fixed? Do I still need a new guide rod if I buy a new gun? I guess you were confused with the picture. I do not own a GSG1911, that is a picture from the internet.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    The part was replaced long time ago some of them will have the old design most won't that fixed the problem with it breaking.

CGN Regular
    I am having trouble accessing your website... everytime I clicked on 'product' --> 'pistol' new window with black background poped up, but long time no response.

Seen them both in person at a local gun shop. The pictures of the OD green don't do it any justice, in person it looks a lot better than the tan imo...

DeltaOps
    F.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast