Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Norinco YL12 shotgun

I had a Stevens 350. terrible gun, would eject 1 out of every 10 or 15 cases without a fight. got rid of it a month later and got a rem 870 express for 300. never had a problem since

Quote Originally Posted by DiMP View Post
    Received my YL12 today. A lot better finish than I had thought for a $150 gun (I bought the combo and I'm selling the Buckshot to my buddy for $200). Not as greasy as previous firearms I had received. Cleaned it up and cycled some snap caps through it no problem. I won't be able to get out for a week to feed some real rounds thru it but it seems like a heck of a deal thus far. Thanks CanAm
    (Pictures should be up tomorrow or Friday)
    Any updates/pics? I'd like to know if this shotgun is a good deal or a waste of money.

Sorry, camera broke. Waiting to get my cord back for my phone to upload pics. I haven't got to fire it yet, stupid work. It seems fairly solid and a lot better finish than I had expected for 200 bucks. It seems to cycle without issue with snap caps at least. Hopefully I can have a full report for you soon

Quote Originally Posted by DiMP View Post
    Sorry, camera broke. Waiting to get my cord back for my phone to upload pics. I haven't got to fire it yet, stupid work. It seems fairly solid and a lot better finish than I had expected for 200 bucks. It seems to cycle without issue with snap caps at least. Hopefully I can have a full report for you soon
    DiMP, any updates on the YL12? Have you had a chance to shoot it yet? Any problems/opinions you'd like to share?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Buster95's Avatar
    Steel trigger guard? (check with a magnet)

Quote Originally Posted by NoTarget View Post
    DiMP, any updates on the YL12? Have you had a chance to shoot it yet? Any problems/opinions you'd like to share?
    Problem... One big one. Work. I haven't even had time to shoot this yet. Although, as mentioned it does cycle snap caps flawlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster95 View Post
    Steel trigger guard? (check with a magnet)
    Yes, steel. Magnet sticks to it.

Until I can offer up a range report, here at least are a few pictures... Sorry they aren't great quality but all I have right now is my cell for pics. Finish is nice, only marred by my smudgy finger prints in the pictures

Best case scenario is I can shoot it come Tuesday... So long as there isn't anymore issues with work, or home, or truck, or...

CGN Regular
    After some clean up, the finish is about what I expect from a $150 shotgun. Scratches, gouges, sharp edges. Very Norinco. The action cycles very light and smooth, ejects everything I've got easily even when actuated lightly/softly. The trigger is clearly Norinco also. FAR heavier than the gun, probably pushing 10 lb though I expect it to break in somewhat. The safety is horribly positioned for lefties - I will be either reversing it or deleting it as feasible/required. Shooting this weekend for final impressions. A friend has a Stevens 350 which works great, so I have every expectation of flawless operation.
    As usual, you really can't go wrong with the combo deal.

CGN Regular
    Took it out tonight. #8 Federal whatever cheap crap CT sells, S&B 00 Buck, Winchester slugs, it happily cycled/ejected everything without a hiccup. Shot some clays, some concrete and other fun stuff. seems well sighted out of the box. Didn't really notice the trigger weight in use, nor the safety, after a few boxes. I just got used to bridging it and it never really bothered me after that. Another great Chinese gun for the collection :D

Just recieved my Norinco today. Fantastic service from Canada Ammo! I'm very impressed by the quality of the finish and the internals look good.

i just ordered one this week, glad to see your works well. did some research and the folding stock for the ethica is suppose to fit. havent found a canadian seller yet though. winchester 12 gauge ammo at canadian tire, 100 rounds in 2 3/4 #4 or #7 is only 33.99$ bought one case already, just waiting on the gun to be shipped from canada-ammo please tell me the trigger guard is out of steel and not plastic?????
    just an old fart wanting to shoot something

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast