lets see your jw25

This looks alot like the one I had a few years ago. Yes the scope sits pretty high, had to develope a "chin weld"!!! :) I always had a great time with it. No reliability issues. Now, as to the quality, the wood was pretty soft, there were some machining marks evident, the safety wasn't, and the cut-out for the sling on the butt was roughly done. I would definitely get another. Will try to upload pics. as time allows.
Cheers!!
P.S.-I was able to get some amazing groups with it and was ALWAYS able to back them up with some obscenely huge groups! Consistency was NOT it's best attribute.

The kids love it alot...
HPIM4886.jpg

Range report:

Rough bolt.
Sights suck
Not very consistent but at least in the general vicinity of where i point, not sure if this is my fault or the gun.

The sights really need to go. Looking at mojo sights or similar.

Wow….your range is on a beach! Are these Norc's a clone of the Bruno 1s? Nice looking 22lr plinker….

I took mine to the range and it works really well. I finally found a scope and rings to fit the rifle and now its ready to go to the range.
The front sight is big enough to split logs. I still need better rings these will do for now.

What ammo does it group best with and what size grouping can be expected?
Chrome lined barrels?
Anybody mount a scope on one?
I would be interested if another shipment was to come in.
Thanks.

CCI standard velocity = best groups in mine. Blazer is decent as well. It will also fire anything you put through it, and the only ammo I found had bad accuracy is anything Remington.

a question. was it cosmoline or gun oil? thank you.

They come wrapped in a large plastic sleeve and absolutely soaked in some kind of light preservative oil. This oil gets everywhere so plan on taking the gun right apart for a good cleaning before shooting it.

I'll add to my last post on accuracy. I played with the sights, added new ones, added known good real mauser sights, put a scope on it even.

The accuracy was only ok to "meh" They are a copy of a Brno #1, from what I have heard, but they are cheap Chinese copies.

They are definitely ok for off hand shooting cans, or hunting squirrels etc, but even at 25m off a rest with a scope, I was only able to get about 1" even with decent ammo. Sometimes a little bit better, but mostly not.

and no, its not me. With my CZ 452 V, I can make one ragged hole, sometimes one smooth hole.

for open sights, its about the same, but again, with a mildly modified Ruger 10/22 and open sights, I can do at least half the sizes.

Again, for fun plinking, and minute of pop can/squirrel/, perfectly fine. Also very reliable, looks nice, and has several parts that will fit from a real mauser. My wife was very sad to see it go.

All in all, good rifle for the price.

Back
Top Bottom