Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dlask Shorty 870 questions

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    Makes sense to me, we'll, as much as our laws can make sense.....
    Thanks for the clarification.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rick911's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dogzilla View Post
    Shotguns and rifles are NOT the same in the eyes of the rcmp. Dlask started out selling them with the pistol grips and got called up on the carpet by the RCMP. That is why they sell them with the full stock (they used to also include the pistol grip but the installation was up to you.). Can Am will also tell you the ones he sells are restricted with the p grip (and it pisses him off to no end from his posts on the matter)

Why ? Its not like it was not true....

... So I'm still confused as to these being restricted or non with a pistol grip... If I were to change it myself of course... It still wouldn't be registered.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rick911's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_K View Post
    ... So I'm still confused as to these being restricted or non with a pistol grip... If I were to change it myself of course... It still wouldn't be registered.
    Put what the F you want on it.

Must be over 26 inches over all. Thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick911 View Post
    Put what the F you want on it.

Must be over 26 inches over all. Thats it.
    Yea, thats what I figured. Thanks

So what is the OAL of the dlask shorty shotgun? I cannot find that info on their website. I am assuming 26" ?

Remove
    Last edited by Sargeant Slaughter; 06-24-2013 at 09:45 AM.

This is a sweet little shotgun!! What's the magazine capacity? 3?

Time for someone to make a 16.5" barrel so we can do a shorty with pistol grip.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer farmer47's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sargeant Slaughter View Post
    On top of what the guys said about them being restricted with the pistol grip being true , the shotguns are bead blasted blue . I had Joe do one up for me using a Police Magnum shotgun and then parkerized . It cost me substantially more than his base price . The reason they are now restricted is a case the RCMP took to court in Alta . I'm not sure if they won or not but now they consider any firearm with a 16" or less barrel and only a pistol grip on( does not include folding stocks with pistol grip )as a handgun and will be permanently restricted . ( just stating their words ) . Mine is 27" with a youth stock .
    to add to the confusion i have been told by the rcmp tecs that a pistol gripped shotgun with a sixteen inch barrel is restricted and also have been told by the rcmp tecs as late as last week that in does not matter the barrel length but the twenty six inch length must be maintained to be unrestricted so i really do not have a definitive answer .when i asked about the mares leg exemption i was told it was because it was built on an antique receiver which is totally false in my opinion. i am interested to hear more about this court case as i was not aware of it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast