Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dlask Shorty 870 questions

CGN Regular

Dlask Shorty 870 questions

Heya Guys,

Couple questions about these

https://www.dlaskarms.com//product_i...0738d226b54ba5

Which receiver are these built on? I can't really tell from the pic. Is it a metal trigger guard? Is the top of the action milled with a slot like the P and Wingmasters? What finish is on the receiver? I can't tell if it's park or the express matte blue, or do you guys refinish them?

Also, are these in stock ready to ship, and are there any other pics out there?

Thanks!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer dogzilla's Avatar
    I think they are built on express receivers. I doubt that they would use wingmasters or 870p's and be able to sell them for that price considering the amount of work they have to put into them. They have to remove, cut and re solder the mag tube, cut the magazine slide, manufacture a short barrel add a new forearm and probably re finish the entire gun. And since it isn't China, they don't have 8 yr olds doing the work.
    They say age brings wisdom, and in the same breath say there's no fool like an old fool.

With a eight and half inch barrel and a hogue tamer pistol grip won't that be a prohibited shotgun?
    Not trolling just curious because I have an 870 with a tamer and an aftermarket twelve inch barrel

It would be restricted, so would your 12 inch
    They say age brings wisdom, and in the same breath say there's no fool like an old fool.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    unless it was manufactured that way from the factory.

I believe that these are still Non restricted:

https://www.dlaskarms.com//product_i...0a03d197c43483

please feel free to correct me.

CGN Regular
    they are non restricted with a full stock. If you install that pistol grip yourself then it's restricted. I assume that's why it is pictured and sold with the full stock installed.

I blew up the pic and what I can see is that the receiver is stamped just 'Remington 870'. So maybe Rem sells basic actions to custom builders? I'm not saying any of the things I'm asking about are deal breakers, I just want to know before I buy one so I know what I'm getting. I fully understand the costs of cutting the mag tube and I know what those Dlask barrels are worth. I have a 14" one and it's the best built 870 barrel I've ever had. I like it better than my factory Rem 14". So That's why this shorty is appealing and I don't have any problem with the price. I'm not ragging on the guys and I'm not trying to start any crap. Just curious about some details before I buy.

When I was asking for more pics, the main thing I'm curious about is the fore end. I can't make out from the pic very well what it really looks like, and whether the sides are railed or just the bottom. Also wondering what it's made of. Is it solid milled? Are the rails welded or screwed to a tube etc?

If anyone has one I'd love to hear more.

CGN frequent flyer lil_juiced_coupe's Avatar
    I own one. They are build on express receivers, dlask builds the barrels, cuts down and re threads the mag tube.

CGN Regular
    Thanks.

How is the fore end built? Is it a milled chunk of aluminum? And are the sides rails like the bottom?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    I was under the impression that if it is manufactured as non restricted, it maintains non restricted status even if it is under 26" oal.
    At least this is the case with the chiappa mares leg

Shotguns and rifles are NOT the same in the eyes of the rcmp. Dlask started out selling them with the pistol grips and got called up on the carpet by the RCMP. That is why they sell them with the full stock (they used to also include the pistol grip but the installation was up to you.). Can Am will also tell you the ones he sells are restricted with the p grip (and it pisses him off to no end from his posts on the matter)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast