Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun storage solutions - New Product Released at Post 189

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Runningfool View Post
    I have to say I love the products I got from you today! Pics below show the "original" handgun hangers, two mag mounts, and rifle rods. Better organization means more room and more room means more guns!

off topic but,
    I always assumed that storing mags loaded would decrease spring tention pressure and cause your mags to feed unreliably eventually after time,

anyone have any personal experiances to prove my theory wrong?

CGN Regular
    15 years of storing my magazines with rounds in them caused one of the three to have a weaker spring, and thats crappy smith and wesson 4046 40 caliber magazines. I now store my m&p 40c magazines one round short, as the 10th round is in there really tight and makes inserting the magazine on a combat reload a rather difficult and forced hassle

I placed an order and received a tracking number within 30 minutes - fast service

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by frosty109 View Post
    Did you modify that bottom shelf so you could fit your longer guns ? It looks like you took a good chunk of it off but I could be wrong.
    The one in the 1st post does have a piece removed, there are few ways to do it shown in various posts on CGN.

The one in post 26 has not had any modes done to the shelves.

Some people say storing full mags will weaken the spring. Other people say the spring only loses flexibility from being worked (compressed and released) and it does not make a difference whether mags are stored full or empty. Any metal experts care to chime in?

Quote Originally Posted by CraigNConnor View Post
    off topic but,
    I always assumed that storing mags loaded would decrease spring tention pressure and cause your mags to feed unreliably eventually after time,

Business Member
    Guess i should have read on before replying as i see others have posted the model number - Thanks!

Anyway hopefully the photo of the front may assist in finding these in store.

Quote Originally Posted by silverfoxdj View Post
    Model number ?
    Sorry don't know, I have one of these myself and on the receipt it just says "gun safe" In the isle it was labeled as an "Executive Safe" and on the front it says "Protector by First Alert"

that's a slick setup. i want to have something like that when im older

can anyone post pics of how they store their ammo (if they store it separately)?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Runningfool's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigNConnor View Post
    off topic but,

It is cycling a spring that affects tension. Keeping them loaded doesn't hurt them a bit.

Hello, Very nice setup! I like the iron also. Do not want to sound like a dumb person, but I thought ammunition was suposed to be stored in another locker and not in the same cabinet? Just wondering...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 5440fight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Torontow View Post
    Hello, Very nice setup! I like the iron also. Do not want to sound like a dumb person, but I thought ammunition was suposed to be stored in another locker and not in the same cabinet? Just wondering...
    Not true, if in a safe. The guns must be unloaded though.

I like the small teaser ammo collection on the top shelf... it's cute. My ammo would fill that whole safe three times...
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax