Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question about Practicle exam

Question about Practicle exam

Can I get some insight on how the practical test is done. Mainly, is it a group thing or does the instructor take you into a separate room? The entire class isn't going to be behind me watching are they? I tend to get nervous when on center stage.

Thanks

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    Ive taken the test twice over the years, the first time there was about five of us in a group and we all did the test together. the second time a few years later I did it in a seperate room with just me and the conservation officer. I guess it all depends on the examiner.

CGN Regular
    They split our class and sent half out for a break. Then by two's an instructor on each side of the room took a person and did their practical.

You be focusing on finger placement(outside the trigger guard) and muzzle control so I doubt you'll even notice anyone else.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer themikea's Avatar

Question about Practicle exam

When I did mine there were 2 people in the room at a time doing two different parts of the practical.
    Member of NFA, CSSA, CFI, NRA, CPC

Thanks for the quick replies, everyone. Good point about being to busy focusing on the acts & proves to be worrying about who is watching. I just get really nervous when I'm in the spotlight and can see me doing something stupid because of it.

I was by myself with the instructor. Class of about 12 people.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    Its all common sense and safety, just make sure to always check that its unloaded, point it safe and keep your finger out of the trigger guard.
    They may try to trick you as well so be careful. They tried with me on my restricted practical. I was asked to load a revolver from a cookie tin of assorted ammo. I couldn't find the correct ammo in the tin. He told me to keep looking, I did and still didn't find it. He finally said good, its not in there.

It's supposed to be one person per instructor with no students who are waiting their turn able to watch someone else's test. Sometimes you will have examiners on opposite sides/corners of large rooms.
    Last edited by dHb; 03-15-2013 at 01:35 PM. Reason: typo
    EOSC.ca

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    Ours was two at a time based on order of written test handed in.
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

They do it one at a time. You won't have to be the comedian on stage
    with great power comes great responsibility.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast