Thread: Greater Kuduland Safaris

Greater Kuduland Safaris

Greater Kuduland Safaris
    I am recently back from a Plains Game Safari at Greater Kuduland Safaris, my son Matt and good buddy Craig came along on this trip. I think the following photos speak for themselves. You may find cheaper places to hunt but you will be hard pressed to find a higher stocking rate and higher quality of trophies than we found. If interested in hunting here please contact Coenie Fourie at Hunt Africa Safaris: huntafrica@goinet.ca

Craig and his Eland, makes mine look like a baby!

Craig with a good Blessbok

We “suckered” Craig into going for a Bull Giraffe, he had fun, now I have pay for the taxidermy so he can lodge at Wolverine Supplies, I guess Craig got to laugh last.

Craig with one of the Blue Wildebeest

This horned viper nearly spoilt my safari before I fired a shot.

Blue Wildebeest Bull, these are tough and a lot of fun to hunt, often referred to as “The poor man’s Buffalo”

Blue Wildebeest Cow, for $300 each these are a real bargain and provide excellent value for your money. At the end of my first full day hunting I had bagged a pair of Blue Wildebeest, just a taste of what was to follow.

Gemsbok, one of my favorites, this is a female, I now have to find a mate for her. Another one rd kill for my 8 x 57 JRS, my reloads with 220 gr Woodleigh RN bullets never let me down. You can see the exit hole on her shoulder, stalked in to about 75 yds, she dropped to the shot, never moved.

We slowly hunted the river bends for an hour before we spotted this old boy, then it took 45 min to get into a position for a shot, as he was browsing in the bush. Finally I had a few seconds for a shot at 15 yds range, very pleased this Nyalia Bull, the ivory tips show he is now past maturity, he has had plenty of time to pass on his genes, not super huge, but a great stalk.

We had superb weather, this was the end to another great day.

The Blaser single shot K95 fitted with a 1-6 Swarovski scope repeatedly gave me one shot kills, light and handy she has become a great favorite, caliber is 8 x 57 JRS.

A Burchell Zebra, these are very tough!

A Hartman’s or Mountain Zebra. I had a hat trick, two Zebra in one day!

Feeding the camp pet, I’m all dressed up ready to leave for a night Hyena hunt.

My Brown Hyena, very proud of him, taken in the dark from a blind over bait. Used my Merkel 9.3 x 74R for this one as she is fitted with an illuminated reticle in a Swarovski 1-6. I have done a lot of night shooting but surprisingly this was the first time I used an illuminated reticle, it certainly was a help. Now I have to find a Spotted Hyena to keep him company. This one will be a full mount for the store.

This huge Leopard measures 8 ft 10 inches, if he stuck his tongue out we would have a 9 ft leopard, unfortunately he was caught in a poachers snare.

Matt and his Zebra

The perfect end to a great Safari, last light on the last day and we stalked this Warthog in the river bend, one well placed rd and my hunt was over.

Matt and a good Impala

More to follow as time permits.
    Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 08-29-2013 at 09:14 AM.

Living the dream! Great photos!
    His calcabo gentes.
    By these I will trample on the nations.
    "It is very easy to judge in leisure what people have had to do in haste...." Paul Harrell

great trophies and great pictures looks top notch

Beautiful animals! Looks like it was a great, successful hunt! Congrats!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jeffcarr88's Avatar
    Nice photos...but MAN are Brown Hyena ever ugly!!!
    Never argue with an idiot!!! --- Do not ASSume!!! --- “Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place then come down and shoot the survivors.” – Ernest Hemingway