Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: New Back Stop

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SteelCap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Out w/ Ur Glock Out View Post
    Definately interested in this!! Targets 10 mins away whereas Silverdale is way out there for me. Even still a rifle at 25 yards isnt exactly stretching its legs so to speak! Id like to see Target will some 50 yard ranges but thats quite a bit more involved then simply reinforcing the backstop
    Yes to that. Aurora is also 25 yrds unless you can go to Sharon. So the best spot at the moment is Target.

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    I am currently working on a funding plan to completely renovate Target Sports. However, keep in mind this is over a $1,000,000 project.

On this note; I am getting quotes and formulating the plan with the hopes of getting it completed this year. However, it may be delayed until the spring if the pieces do not come together before the snow falls.

As more info is available, it will be released. However, do not hold your breath thinking you will be able to shoot .50BMG in my ranges.

Cheers,

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Trinimon's Avatar
    I wouldn't want to be indoors next to someone shooting a 50BMG! Yikes!

CGN Regular
    Under a bridge where a troll used to live...
    I wouldn't want to my car to be parked behind the backstop wall when someone is shooting 50 BMG

I'd love to shoot a wider variety of shotgun cartridges at the Grange...nudge, nudge, wink, wink.
    CCFR, CSSA, NFA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer themikea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCap View Post
    Ouch...thats price prohibitive...
    It sure is! Having put several boxes of the frangible .223 downrange myself, my wallet definitely feels the hit at $30 /box of 20.

Would be really nice to shoot regular .223 there this year!
    Member of NFA, CSSA, CFI, NRA, CPC

Who the hell would want to shoot a 50BMG at 25 metres????

Upgrading the backstop so regular rifle ammo (ie non frang) that could be shot is defitnely be a no brainer for me to renew my membership there, hell, I'd probably buy ALL my 223 directly from TS by the case load if I could shoot it there. I would also imagine the sks guys would love this too.

JR - What are the chances the range hours could be extended an hour at night? 9pm is good but 10pm is even better

Thanks for considering the back stop replacement, a million bucks is a tough pill to swallow I'm sure.
    Read -> Comprehend -> Post

CGN Regular
    Under a bridge where a troll used to live...
    Probably can't make the member meeting but I hope someone definitely brings up the topic of the new backstop. Also, I think the club needs a new guy to exclusively handle communications. Emails, phones and gunnutz response time is the slowest I've ever seen.

@FMP

Never EVER underestimate a gun nut with deep pockets is what I learned around here.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer themikea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by t3dd13 View Post
    Probably can't make the member meeting but I hope someone definitely brings up the topic of the new backstop. Also, I think the club needs a new guy to exclusively handle communications. Emails, phones and gunnutz response time is the slowest I've ever seen.

@FMP

Never EVER underestimate a gun nut with deep pockets is what I learned around here.
    Have never had an issue getting a response to any questions by phone. Email can take a day or so.
    Member of NFA, CSSA, CFI, NRA, CPC

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by t3dd13 View Post

@FMP

We have no control over the Grange club. IF there are issues, please contact the president, as he is a great guy.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans