Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Updates on ......us. Please read :-)

Sponsoring Business
    Quote Originally Posted by jhamu View Post
    lol so true... and you know, the guys that actually do go overseas.... they use issued stuff, of far lesser quality... no special coatings, or enhanced thing a ma bobs... no fancy spider logo either...

I would love to see these BCG's when they are available... I have a spikes, I have also owned Dlask products.. I can imagine the only difference will be the Spider and the price... I will likely pick one up for my next build...

Can you guys think of engraving an earwig or centipede or some other creepy crawly onto it to satisfy some of these guys? lol
    I rest my case. Thanks boys......and incidentally.....yes we plan on engraving our ice arms logo on it for one reason....and the only reason that you boys have inadvertently pointed out............marketing. Its all about marketing.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stevebot-7's Avatar
    Has anyone confused you guys with the American ICE? http://www.ice.gov/best/

Anyhow, good for you guys. I'll be keeping an idea on your site.
    Death comes by subtle means; the satisfaction of routine.
    Lifetime member of CSSA and NFA.

Just a suggestion, I'd like to see just the carrier with the gas key installed and staked even if it were a few $ more. If it were NiB that is even better.

BANNED
    One is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by juancarlos View Post
    Just a suggestion, I'd like to see just the carrier with the gas key installed and staked even if it were a few $ more. If it were NiB that is even better.
    +1, I was looking at that one stripped carrier on your site thinking I wish it had a gas key.

Not sure a lot of average customers have a staking tool. On the other hand, some may purchase fancy bolts and want a nice Canadian carrier to mate with it.

On the other hand . . . the stripped carrier is great for those who like to tinker with the piston conversion kits and don't want to rape the gas key off an otherwise perfectly good carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by rivetc78 View Post
    People want to see pictures of the Staking .. HAHAHAHA LOL. They read too much ARFCOM.

I guess if it doesn;t match what the experts say it is not 'Good to Go'

To many people here think they are operators and sandbox jockeys because they built an AR or visit ARFCOm daily.

Guys, you shoot five rounds at a time.....at a piece of paper.... This BCG will never hold up to that type of hard Battle use!! LOL HAHAHAHA

Great deal. With no supply and what is available costs $100 more....... Think about it.
    Is it really too much to ask before spending hard earned cash? I don't want to side track this too much, but I don't see what the big deal is asking about gas key staking. If you have any studies or experiments resulting in statistically relevant data showing that the staking is not required, please send the info my way (not anecdotal evidence please).

There are reliability issues that can arise from a loose gas key. Even if the worst thing that will happen is a ruined range day why chance it? I prefer to take all reasonable steps to ensure a quality, reliable firearm. Especially ones as easy as solid gas key staking. I'd rather be shooting than troubleshooting a problem.

I am truly excited that there is now a Canadian producer of BCG's. My dealings with dlask have been excellent, and the communication top notch.

I do have to wonder at the response of a couple people to the question about more information on a part that varies significantly from manufacturer to manufacturer.

I could care less what logo is on it, so long as it is built to specification and quality controlled (and even better, made in Canada).

Ben

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by mspben View Post
    Is it really too much to ask before spending hard earned cash? If you have any studies or experiments resulting in statistically relevant data showing that the staking is not required, please send the info my way (not anecdotal evidence please).

Ben
    Do you have any? How is a carrier staked effect reliabilty? I would like to see data on that.

Quote Originally Posted by rivetc78 View Post
    Do you have any? How is a carrier staked effect reliabilty? I would like to see data on that.
    I'm not going to derail this much further. I will state right now that I have no study either way, which is why asked such that those more knowledgeable on the subject would share any info they had.

I will say this however - with the amount of heat cycling a bolt sees, having physical interference (staking) would help keep the screws in place. As such, I will stake any BCG I use.

Its all about clamping force. The key is bolted to the carrier with a specific torque to achieve that force, and as a result, creates a seal. Over time with temperature cycling those screws may back off, lowering that clamping force to such a level that an effective seal no longer exists. This can lead to problems with the rifle, as the gas energy is no longer all contributing to cycling the bolt (short stroking etc).

If you choose other methods of maintaining screw torque its all good. To each his own. Main thing is to keep them torqued up.

Again, sorry for the sidetrack dlask. Can't wait for my bcg's to arrive. We should take any further conversation on this topic to a new thread.

Ben

I will give you my business as I have in the past. Never fails to amuse me some of the bozo's on here. I could never work in retail!!!