Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why does it take so long?

GunNutz
    well, as long as they only 'snap' photographs... CFOs are a pain. However - my first 9mm purchase from Lever Arms (I lived about 5 km from them at the time) took about 2 months for the Vancouver Police to approve the transfer (it was in 86 before CFOs and when when the paperwork went through the local popo). Finally, I said "look, I have a competition on Sunday with the BCRA. I missed last month's because you wouldn't release the papers, and I'd really like to start competing in these matches and getting practice" - I had the papers the next day.

I am just upset as the ammo is sitting on the shelf with nothing to do. Also I have hogue grips to go on it and the waiting is killing me. Yes I am pissed that it's not here and I would not be opposed if a gsg bridge mount for a scope was thrown in at a reduced price. Wink wink. But thx for the update.

Because the dealer should compensate you for the CFO's ineptitude? Really?

Don't worry, ammo is more patient than gun owners. P.S. I feel your pain, last transfer privately took nearly 3 weeks, have another on queue. FML

Quote Originally Posted by Hotvw1 View Post
    I am just upset as the ammo is sitting on the shelf with nothing to do. Also I have hogue grips to go on it and the waiting is killing me. Yes I am pissed that it's not here and I would not be opposed if a gsg bridge mount for a scope was thrown in at a reduced price. Wink wink. But thx for the update.
    You can call the CFO and ask. May be they haven't recieved your paper work from Blueline.
    http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/c...fo-caf-eng.htm

I've bought 3 guns in the last month.

Online from CanadaAmmo: 16 days
    Locally in my city: 6 hours
    An hour out of town: 30 minutes (priority because I was 1hr+ away from my residence)

The online one was mainly delays by the dealer, the actual CFO approval process was a day, they got it on a Friday and faxed it to the dealer the following Monday morning.

For the extra 5-10%, I think I'll buy locally.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer freezer filler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robchar View Post
    Funny, I bought a handgun from a gunnut in Ontario and I am in BC. It has been 3 1/2 weeks and when I called the quick reply was that it has only been 3 1/2 weeks and that it was too early for me to be checking. Almost felt like they deliberately hold them.
    transfers are 6-8 weeks in bantario

^ My last one was completed in just over 2 weeks, and it was initiated on Feb 19th. You sure it was the CFO you were waiting on?

Well it's almost been a month since my order. Very disappointed. No it wasn't the CFO.

Revolted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotvw1 View Post
    Well it's almost been a month since my order. Very disappointed. No it wasn't the CFO.
    We originally submitted the transfer to the CFO's office on March 1st according to our records. We are unsure if it was a mix-up on our end or their end that the transfer was not received. Upon realization of this mistake we apologized and had refunded all shipping charges on the item due to the delay. We re-submitted the transfer and had it approved shortly after. When we received notification that the transfer was completed the product was shipped at the beginning of this week as I mentioned when I called and left a message for you. I am very sorry about the delays and we take full responsibility for not following up on your transfer sooner. Your purchase is currently in the hands of Canada Post and if there is anything else I can be of any assistance with please let me know.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123