Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: issue solved by dealer Thanks !

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canada tail's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino62 View Post
    It is not worth bothering about since the barrel is slightly under indexed, it would be more of a problem if it was the other way (i.e over indexed). This seems to be the norm with most recent shorties I have seen, I believe this was also quite normal with national match m14's from what I have read.
    Under index? How so? Could u elaborate on that?

I'm living in the sticks on an acreage West of Edmonton
    The front sight on a shortie is taller than a standard sight and hard to find or replace. Don't break the one you have.
    I was tactical before it was cool

down the street and just around the corner
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada tail View Post
    Where do u get original m14 parts : eg front sight?
    Must be costy
    Brownells.com has front sights around $41-84 price range, not sure about the shipping to Canada cost.

I have seen cheaper front sights on Ebay but you may have to ask the individual seller if he would ship it out of the US.
    "This world we live in has become a world of over sensitive, easily offended, over reacting whining hypocrites. One cries for freedom yet the same demands censorship."

Shipping anything related to firearms on Ebay from the US to Canada is a no no. There was a post recently about a wood stock for an Enfield, I believe it was, being seized by Homeland security. A chunk of wood. If I'm not mistaken, Ebay has it listed, that anything firearms related is against it's TOS.
    If someone thinks they have the upper hand.... Break it!
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. -D.H. Lawrence

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mike Oxbig's Avatar
    Needle nose pliers, a cloth and 1min of your time. Much easier than taking it off and replacing it. Even IF they send you a free one.

BANNED
    What have you just learned about buying chinese goods?

GunNutz
    metal bends more easily if you heat it up a little... If you can take the sight off the rifle first that's probably better. Practice on something other than your front sight, though, and only do this if you trust your ability with a torch and other tools.

CGN Regular
    standard M14 sight or NM M14 sight you will find at vendors will be too short. you need the taller shorty sight. contact vendor for a replacement.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12