Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going to Range without License

Going to Range without License

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if it is possible to go to a Gun range with a group (5-10) people just to try it out. None of us have our license but we are just interested in shooting a few rounds just to get the "hype" out of our systems. We are all in Uni and we were thinking it would be a nice way to celebrate finishing Exams. From my knowledge you need someone that has a license being x amount of feet from you while shooting or even having the firearm in your possession.

Thanks for helping the noob

I think the licensed person has to be within arms reach of the un-licensed person who is doing the shooting. I'm not sure about a group, but most ranges do allow guests.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    Welcome to CGN

Unless you know someone belonging to the club you're planning to go to,
    I wouldn't expect 5 or 10 Unis, wanting to blow off steam after finishing exams,
    to be welcomed with open arms(no pun intended).

Dont know were you are located but if in the GTA you could go to Target Sports for a "Range Orientation" as they call it.
    CSSA Member - NFA Member - CDP - ODPL

CGN frequent flyer
    someone with a licence must be within arms reach of you (one person at a time)
    i dont know where you are but there are 2 pay to play style ranges in calgary, im sure most big cities would have one
    "Those who take it upon themselves to write the laws by which the rest of us must live should fear the wrath of the people they seek to govern. For the nation to be truly free, those who seek to exceed the limits on their power imposed by the Constitution must be made to live in mortal terror of the consequences."

Thanks for all the fast and informative replies. FYI im in the GTA, dont mind driving up north up to waterloo/guelph area if the options are better there.

@Nzfireguy i saw the Target range sports http://www.targetsportscanada.com/ have any of you been there before? Reviews etc?

I have mostly heard positive things about them.

Thanks

CGN frequent flyer
    Silverdale has a new shooter program:

htt://www.silverdalegunclub.com/Match_Results.html

Quote Originally Posted by Conservance View Post
    Thanks for all the fast and informative replies. FYI im in the GTA, dont mind driving up north up to waterloo/guelph area if the options are better there.

@Nzfireguy i saw the Target range sports http://www.targetsportscanada.com/ have any of you been there before? Reviews etc?

I have mostly heard positive things about them.

Thanks
    Been to TSC with non-licensed shooters... you can do packages and use multiple types of pistols etc to shoot. Decent Option

Quote Originally Posted by Pocisk View Post
    Silverdale has a new shooter program:

htt://www.silverdalegunclub.com/Match_Results.html
    I'm a member down at Silverdale, great club. Probably your best bet with a group that big to go have some fun... you'll really get a feel for the shooting atmosphere too

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kayser Sose's Avatar
    Be prepared to pay. Sounds like you guys don't have guns, gun licenses, or ammo (obviously)...

That is asking a lot. Not that there's anything wrong with that, just sayin'...

Its seems costly but you never know if this could turn into a hobby.

If I was to bring a minor (16-18) would that be ok or its it an 18+ affair?

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast