Norinco JW-103

Like me the interest is because of the cheep rounds of 7.62x39. Thinking of alternatives because I also have been waiting for years.
Im wondering about one of those inexpensive 308 kits mounted with a scope, say an axis and then using a Chamber insert. any thoughts

Last edited:
that could work, but the only place i saw the inserts were mca sports, and that was for a 12 guage and also suggested u.s made ammo only, are you referring to somewhere else that has these available?

MCA, Sportsman guide, and others available mostly from the states. I have read on Hunting threads that this is a viable option.
I wonder if Marstar could bring in some Chamber Adapters until we all get our JW's.
I have a chamber insert for a 303 to 7.62x25 and it works, albeit problematic with extraction.

thats cool, yeah it would be good if we could get them in canada, i have some for a 12 guage, 9mm, 38 special etc. but the bolt action repeater would be good rather than 1 shot

so are the rumours true? these are no longer being made?

Anyone?

CanAm says they've halted production...who's the importer, details would be most appreciated.

Last edited:
Just be patient, Marstar has only had these on order for 4 years. They should be in soon. I heard about 2 years ago they were on the boat. I would think another 2 years before the boat gets here, and 1 year to organize logistics to Marstar... A 7 year turn around on their order time is pretty good.

lol...ok, thanks for that.

it would be nice to know if they in fact still being made or not, when other dealers are saying productions has ceased...

I want a JW-103 as well, have lots of ammo but since the boating accident I have nothing to shoot it out of.

What does the barrel slug out at? 308 or 311-312??

Back
Top Bottom