Page 13 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3567891011121314151617181920212333 ... LastLast

Thread: **OFFICAL*** The Type 97NSR is Non restricted!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Curtton's Avatar
    it will be my first bullpup , YIPPIE !!!!
    Last edited by Curtton; 04-28-2013 at 02:16 PM.

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    Actually yes. Under the criminal code it is a weapon no matter what.

Shawn
    That may be what the law states. The people who wrote the law don't care if it's ever used as a WEAPON - they just call it that.

A baseball bat isn't designed as a weapon but it can be used as such (similar discussion for kitchen knives and so on). If we in the "firearms users community" go along with the antis and hoplophobes and call our firearms "weapons" we aid in the negative image surrounding firearms. I, for one, have never used a firearm as a weapon. I've shot lots and lots of holes in lots and lots of paper, but that's not using the firearm as a weapon. I've shot (not enough) deer and lots of gophers, rabbits (NZ), and possums (NZ), but this is "pest control" not "weapon use" - I'm NOT SHOOTING PEOPLE - which would make it a weapons use.

If the firearms owning-using community wants to slow down the civilian disarmament that seems to be part of the agenda of the people who wanna make the laws in our country (and in the UN), we need to be a little mindful of our Ps and Qs and call our recreational equipment firearms - instead of weapons - unless our goal is to use them as weapons - in which case we're either defending our lives (legitimate use) or the lives of others (also legitimate - whether legal or not). As soon as we start turning our toys into weapons, the antis get another leg up in their win. They'll roll out the "but you don't need that firearm" BS. You don't need skis, either, but will you look at the point on that ski pole?
    Wow - how's that for some run-on sentences...

It's not the prettiest bullpup... But it'll do. :D
    "If we do not hang together, we shall surely hang separately."
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by roy6585 View Post
    It's not the prettiest bullpup... But it'll do. :D
    My thoughts exactly!

CGN frequent flyer tenringbound's Avatar
    Finally...the news I've been waiting for how many years? Congrats North Sylva, may I humbly show my appreciation for your efforts by GIVING YOU MY MONEY
    "Never trust a hippie" -the Sex Pistols

Do you guys think AR ambidextrous mag release would fit on them? Looks realy like the ar mag retention system

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzzzooo View Post
    Do you guys think AR ambidextrous mag release would fit on them? Looks realy like the ar mag retention system
    Was thinking that myself. Will be trying that myself as a left sided control on the mag release may greatly improve the ergonomics.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    Was thinking that myself. Will be trying that myself as a left sided control on the mag release may greatly improve the ergonomics.
    Agreed. Looks awkward now, but would definitely be better with an ambi release. If an AR one doesn't fit, I'm sure someone will make one.

I'm hoping for a railed handguard as well. Would be nice to cowitness a red dot.

Ben

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mspben View Post
    Agreed. Looks awkward now, but would definitely be better with an ambi release. If an AR one doesn't fit, I'm sure someone will make one.

I'm hoping for a railed handguard as well. Would be nice to cowitness a red dot.

Ben
    Given it is a AR mag system it should work. The button on the right side looks round instead of oval. Only issue I can see with a standard AR ambi release not neing drop in is dependant on whether that round button uses the same thread pattern as the oval style button on ARs. Wouldn't be hard to use a ambi AR set up and fabricate a new button with proper thread if need be.

I'm sure the modification threads will be quick to pop up once the gun hits consumers. I know of one blogger that will be reviewing it shortly after delivery.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

North Sylva - will spare parts kits be available?

Ben