Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese Type 81, heard they are coming to Canada

In that article it stated the Type 81 sells for $175 a piece and does not sell too well with militaries globally as the AK pattern and Type 56 are much cheaper to produce.

With that said, I'm really hoping there isn't going to be a major markup somewhere down the line. If we can get these in here, I would hope they are no more than $7-800, factoring costs for modification to semi-auto, shipping, any paperwork, and a more than fair profit margin.

Then again, I'm not an arms dealer. I know I won't fork out a grand for this thing though.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Throttle_monkey1's Avatar
    Meh I'll stick with my VZs over the type 81. I remember a while back there was talk of the QBZ-03, now that's a gun I want!

Edit- I forgot to add the picture:

Last edited by Throttle_monkey1; 05-01-2013 at 09:09 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Kael View Post
    In that article it stated the Type 81 sells for $175 a piece and does not sell too well with militaries globally as the AK pattern and Type 56 are much cheaper to produce.

With that said, I'm really hoping there isn't going to be a major markup somewhere down the line. If we can get these in here, I would hope they are no more than $7-800, factoring costs for modification to semi-auto, shipping, any paperwork, and a more than fair profit margin.

Then again, I'm not an arms dealer. I know I won't fork out a grand for this thing though.
    175$ for a SELECT-FIRE rifle when you order them by the thousands, sure.

Doesn't help us much, does it?
    If you're going through hell, keep going.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar

No, it said it sells at that price per unit, in large military contracts where one would assum the order is for thousands, if not tens of thousands at one time.

Buy in bulk and they are cheap. Buy a couple hundred for the army of Canadian gopher and paper punches and the cost is much higher. Think of things like container ships, flights over to negotiate, employees on the importers payroll etc etc.

What it costs a retailer to buy, is not what the total cost to the dealer is. Then add profit to survive.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    No, it said it sells at that price per unit, in large military contracts where one would assum the order is for thousands, if not tens of thousands at one time.
    True, but that is also the price they TRIED to pawn them off at, and couldn't. China seems to have a relatively limited market to sell these rifles.

I'll end this argument now though. It's great to see different firearms on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by SWAT View Post
    linky no worky...
    Search for "type 81" in threads titles. That is all I did.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

True, but that is also the price they TRIED to pawn them off at, and couldn't. China seems to have a relatively limited market to sell these rifles.

I'll end this argument now though. It's great to see different firearms on the market.
    And they won't be able to sell those specific rifles, as they were select fire, and to convert them would make them converted autos. Either way, prohibited.

For the type 81 to arrive in Canada it will arrive here as spare parts assembled on a new, semi auto only receiver. It will be a new variant of the type 81 unto itself.

Plus, china was actively looking for a market. With Canada, the market is coming to China. A small market looking for those semi-auto only receivers that have yet to be designed or built.

Quote Originally Posted by sadrainbow View Post

type 84 will be even better
    It's AK-47 clone

CGN frequent flyer TheManInBlack's Avatar
    Just more of the same. Boring.
    隱藏在自圓其說