Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese Type 81, heard they are coming to Canada

CGN frequent flyer Moparman1303's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Corps View Post
    ...Would you happen to have the .223 version of the VZ58?
    Probably. Those .223 versions were afterthoughts when CSA made them. Tricky guns, with kirks. But when they work, its a fun gun.

Would it be more accurate then a fancy tacticool tapco SKS?

good question on accuracy. The barrel does look shorter than the SKS... cool rifle design nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Corps View Post
    ...Would you happen to have the .223 version of the VZ58?
    Nope, actually I had a non restricted 7.62x39mm. Not only did it manifest the Gremlin, but it also had handguard retaining pins that walked their way loose while shooting. So when the trigger wasn't going dead, it was trying to shed a handguard

Fixable I know. But a nice bonus on a $600 gun with BBQ paint finish and beaver barf for a stock lol.

With regards to the accuracy question, a Combloc chromed barrel is probably a Combloc chromed barrel. But in general, a shorter barrel is more accurate than a longer barrel of similar thickness. more rigidity and less flex. But on a service rifle the longer sight radius of a longer barrel makes that one easier to shoot, which looks like more accuracy.

With rudimentary sights, a gritty heavy trigger and surp ammo all bets are off
    Slava Ukraini
    Beholden to neither left nor right, just calling the world as I see it
    "I literally just directly quoted your use of colour revolution techniques..."

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Nope, actually I had a non restricted 7.62x39mm. Not only did it manifest the Gremlin, but it also had handguard retaining pins that walked their way loose while shooting. So when the trigger wasn't going dead, it was trying to shed a handguard

Fixable I know. But a nice bonus on a $600 gun with BBQ paint finish and beaver barf for a stock lol.

With regards to the accuracy question, a Combloc chromed barrel is probably a Combloc chromed barrel. But in general, a shorter barrel is more accurate than a longer barrel of similar thickness. more rigidity and less flex. But on a service rifle the longer sight radius of a longer barrel makes that one easier to shoot, which looks like more accuracy.

With rudimentary sights, a gritty heavy trigger and surp ammo all bets are off
    Oh, so you have the CZ858.

These are all known issues that can easily be fixed. Just look around the red rifle forum.

Yeah, thats the one...And yep, fixable but just insulting to have found them so common on a gun that sells new from a dealer at like $695. Thats what with tax and if you buy online, shipping too? $800 guns with a cottage industry of dudes welding tabs on their bolts to make em actually fire.

Not that it was not a fun rifle, but just griping.
    Slava Ukraini
    Beholden to neither left nor right, just calling the world as I see it
    "I literally just directly quoted your use of colour revolution techniques..."

Quote Originally Posted by sadrainbow View Post

type 84 will be even better
    Type 84 have been here for years... all you need is a prohib licence to get one!

BANNED
    bump

BANNED
    AND????????????
    What's the deal?

Sweet Jesus.... Daddy likely. Oh pleeeease make this happen. I got a place on my wall for this, right under my NSR ( when they show up).