7n1 russian sniper ammo

Doogs

CGN Regular
Hey John,

Any chance you could track down some 7.62x54r sniper ammo? Theres gotta be some out there somewhere

Scroll to the bottom of the page:
http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-98-462/FullText.html

Former Prohibited Weapons Order, No. 10

1. Any cartridge that is capable of being discharged from a commonly available semi-automatic handgun or revolver and that is manufactured or assembled with a projectile that is designed, manufactured or altered so as to be capable of penetrating body armour, including KTW, THV and 5.7 x 28mm P-90 cartridges.

2. Any projectile that is designed, manufactured or altered to ignite on impact, where the projectile is designed for use in or in conjunction with a cartridge and does not exceed 15 mm in diameter.

3. Any projectile that is designed, manufactured or altered so as to explode on impact, where the projectile is designed for use in or in conjunction with a cartridge and does not exceed 15 mm in diameter.

4. Any cartridge that is capable of being discharged from a shotgun and that contains projectiles known as “fléchettes” or any similar projectiles.

So no, strictly AP rifle ammunition isn't prohib. API ammunition on the otherhand....

DOOGS;

Yes we have 7.62x54r Sniper grade ammo in our off shore warehouse....not certain if we will import to Canada....
John

Hate to say it, but the 7N1 isn't a heck of a lot more accurate than normal surplus. The main difference between the bullet types is their terminal effects. The 7N1 is a sidestep around the Geneva convention back when 'hollow points' were actually barred from normal combat. The 7N14 is a different kettle of fish. I have a few wrappers of 7N1 left over, sold the rest of my tins off a while ago as it's really more novelty than practical.

Getting in Russian surplus brass cased match ammo, or 7.62x54R "Extra" would be a real treat.

If I could get a hold on that id keep it till I can find a proper rifle to shoot it or if the laws ever change in my dreams to get a SVD

Back
Top Bottom