Norinco np 22

I have the .40 cal version (Np-58 I believe). It broke after about 3500 rounds between me and the previous owner. Trigger bar snapped into three pieces. Replaced it with a Sig trigger bar but they were dimensionally different just enough that I had to replace the safety lever and sear I believe. Later the firing pin broke just dry firing, still waiting for brownells to get them in stock again. Not a bad gun overall just understand you are not buying the real thing.

I've had one for the last 2 years. 1000'a of rounds through it. Only thing I replaced is the grips with a set of hogues.

I have one, easily my most respected compact pistol I own. I replaced the recoil spring after about 1000rds with a SigSauer Orange sport spring after the slide seemed to slap a bit, and it's been flawless ever since. I have put north of 6000 rounds through it and I haven't had a single issue. I changed out the grips for Hogue Rubbers, but have an assortment based on my moods, everything has always fit. Added a few more mags to it (NP58 work great) and I polished the slide to a nice rugged worn look after a sonic cleaning screw-up took the bluing off a few thousand rounds ago.

This was the first handgun I have owned and have since added over a dozen to the litter, but this is the first gun I shoot at the range and the last gun I put back in the case prior to going home. I have many nicer pistols from a variety of manufacturers including Sig, H&K, Desert Eagle, Ruger, Colt, and so on, but I really have a soft spot for this gun. I shoot incredible groups with it, have never had a click no bang other than when I sat a primer in backwards, and love to tinker with it. I will never sell it. This is the one pistol in my bedside safe.

Attachments

• np22.jpg
    np22.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 885
Originally bought the NP22 as a cheap beater 9mm that I could lend to friends I brought to the range.
With unfailing competence and reliability, it has climbed the ladder to become one of my all-time faves.

Just finished 400 through mine. Flawless. Finish is really good (unless you look on the underside of the slide!). I had the opportunity to shoot a real Sig (might have been an elite dark). Other than the grips, the dots on the Sig sights seemed smaller and it took longer for my trigger to reset, I couldn't tell the difference.

I have the .40 cal version (Np-58 I believe). It broke after about 3500 rounds between me and the previous owner. Trigger bar snapped into three pieces. Replaced it with a Sig trigger bar but they were dimensionally different just enough that I had to replace the safety lever and sear I believe. Later the firing pin broke just dry firing, still waiting for brownells to get them in stock again. Not a bad gun overall just understand you are not buying the real thing.

Did you contact us under warranty
John

My NP-22 just arrived tonight. VERY nice. Trigger pull is perfect. Weight is great. So far, I am very happy I chose the NP-22.

My Norinco 22 broke the second time I took it out. I suggest get the real deal

If you are going to give advise on why someone shouldn't buy a gun, you should gI've information, rather than just say it broke the second time I took it out.

I have one and I've put nearly 400 rounds through it no issues. There's only two things I have a problem with and they are the grips are too big for my tiny hands and the trigger pull is heavy in double action, even though I think it's because I can barely squeeze the trigger due to the size of the grip. Otherwise awesome gun.

I tried one out, seemed pretty decent. nicer than the norinco 1911's I've handled. The norc stampings on the slide are a bit ugly though and i didn't like the grips, a set of hogue rubber grips wold fix that up cheap and easy.

Overall , I wouldnt trade my CZ for one but if i was shopping around the $3-400 mark i would pick one up or maybe an NZ-75.

Back
Top Bottom