$vboptions[bbtitle]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: M14.ca Light Muzzle Brake and Front Sight Base, Official Thread

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet rally guy's Avatar

M14.ca Light Muzzle Brake and Front Sight Base, Official Thread

Here's a little info. to get things started (borrowed part of it from the pictures thread). I've been working on a number of things for M14.ca over the last 4 weeks. I am looking forward to making some announcements. Here is some back ground on the Philosophy of Use for the new M14.ca LMB (Light Muzzle Brake) and the FSB (Front Sight Base) that goes along with it.

With the LMB and the FSB as pictured above, I am continuing to evolve a "system" I started with the Blackfeather "RS." The "RS" stands for Rifle System and we are building it with the most options possible. With that comment in mind, here's a quick write up on the philosophy of use for the two parts as pictured above.

1. When you CCT (cut, crown and thread) your M14 barrel, you obtain the ability to obtain a target grade recessed crown on the M14 barrel (this process typically costs $60).
    2. With the LMB + FSB we wanted the lightest and shortest effective muzzle brake and front sight combination for the M14 (due to the castle nut on the older design, the brake would have to be longer and slightly heavier).
    3. With lighter weight at the muzzle comes slightly better balance for the entire Blackfeather "RS" equipped rifle.
    4. With lighter weight at the muzzle, a faster handling M14 rifle is the result as the swing weight of the rifle is altered for the better (remember, we are taking away as much weight as we can here from the muzzle device and front sight base).
    5. The most optimal "system" is an M14 with a properly threaded barrel. This is the modern M14 with the best possible options.
    Two of these options include:
    A) rapid muzzle device interchangeability (for flash hiders and silencers for example)
    B) the advantage of compatibility with even more AR brakes/flash hiders that are widely available in the marketplace
    6. A superior price for these two parts due to lower manufacturing costs (and lower cost for muzzle devices that will be built in the future as well).
    7. By separating these devices into two easily removable parts, it affords greater options for future updates to the front sight. With modern optics and multiple sight planes on the same rifle (see my article "Stepped Plane Optics") choice is what sets our "rifle system" apart from others.

The LMB/FSB kit is going to coatings Tuesday May 14th. I would expect this kit up on M14.ca for ordering around June 1? I will update as I get more information regarding the new coating process and will post a price as we get closer to adding actual machine time for these parts.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 05-12-2013 at 05:05 PM.

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet yomomma's Avatar
    It does not have metric threads.

1/2-28 iirc

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet rally guy's Avatar
    Hey frank could we have it un tread and tread it ourself?

All of the LMB's you see in the photo are threaded 1/2x28tpi. With this threading, you can go to a 5/8x24tpi thread if you need too. You can request an unthreaded brake, however, there would be a wait between production runs. Only way to set that up is by telephone. Cheers for now. Frank

Feel free to delete my op and insert your pictures and product info.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 05-13-2013 at 12:41 PM.

The M14 Useless flash suppressor, I had to take my apart and clean all that #### off and rethread with 1/2-28TPI, now it very pleasant to shoot, kick less than a 22LR,
    The Original flash suppressor thread on the Norinco are metric I think(Not sure), it snot 1/2-28TPI.

I am not even sure How much beer I drank Toyad.

Quote Originally Posted by rally guy View Post

those wil work!
    I am not even sure How much beer I drank Toyad.

I'll take two LMBs please! Come one June 1st.... Oh and very nice work I love that CASM mount

It fits very well, with written instructions and Youtube videos to assist you....was nice to see the mount in the Jack Reacher movie....

Does it come in black?
    Cheers

Yes, they will all be black. The images you see are only LMB/FSBs right out of the machine.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 05-23-2013 at 01:23 PM.
    The modern Banking system manufactures money out of nothing. The process is perhaps the most astounding piece of sleight of hand that was ever invented.
    If there were no debts in our money system, there wouldn't be any money.

Man this has been taking way too long. Iv'e been on the edge of my seat for months. I had to buy a brake that I didn't really want to complete the rifle I had cut for the LMB.. I know you are busy with your real job, but it is almost better to not see dates come and go. It does get frustrating. Oh and it will come in black.

There are products being developed concurrently. I try to provide a best estimate of time frames, but these "frames of time" are dependent often on the materials supplier, the bead blaster, the nitrider and our time on our machines, which maintain their own scheduling and order processes. The good thing about the interim 1/2x28tpi brake you bought is that it should be fairly easy to resell for almost the price you paid.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 05-23-2013 at 01:31 PM.

Super Moderator
    Thought occurred to me that this unit would work on any .30 rifle with a 1/2-28 threaded muzzle.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast