What Vz58 Parts Are You Missing?

- peep style rear sight
- extended ambi-mag release (AK style large paddle would be great)
- left side charging handle
- improved trigger options

A left hand charging bolt
They should make a tactical bolt release that works with the AR magwell adapter.
Will you ever stock the bipod grip part no. 58-1-057B?
there is an issue of the bolt not locking back on the last round with the AR magwell adapter. If the follower in the mag is not all the way to the rear it will not enguage the bolt release and thus not lock back.

Right now we've got the fiber optic setups. It wouldn't be hard to put tritium in those, but it might be hard to ship tritium by air into Canada.

We'll look into it!

Please do as I know alot of people have been wanting something like this for a loooong time now. Excellent idea Zahals!!!!!!

The Zahal CSA scope mount is a good start for mounting a little red dot or whatnot, but vz-58 owners have been chasing an off-the-shelf solution for POSP style optics for years.

mount4.jpg

Most AK and SVD products are unsuitable for the vz-58. They sit too high or do not line up over bore. As they are centered over the dust cover most magnified optics sit too far back. Many mounting options also lack a case deflector and people end up welding on some scrap steel to make it work. (case deflectors for the vz-58 exist but they are like unicorns here in Canada).

Is there any chance there could be a version of the Zahal CSA mount that is longer, sits a bit more forward, and has a built in case defector? There are currently very few off-the-shelf options when it comes to mounting a POSP or other magnified optics on these rifles in an ergonomic manner.

Just take a look at the "McGuyver" stuff going on in this thread:

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php?277294-VZ58-Optics-sights-amp-mounts-update-sept

People have struggled for years to force AK or SVD style mounts to work with this rifle. I applaud their creativity, but I am truly surprised that no manufacturer has come up with a solution yet.

Ambi mag release, true. Also the tactical bolt catch. What is really needed is reduced cost for these types of upgrades. Between those 2 upgrades, that has increased the cost of my rifle by $180. Then the forend kit puts me at $1100. Many people would just move to an AR if they were going to spend that. Don't get me wrong, I own both but the CZ/VZ's appeal is that it shoots a large, cheap cartridge and is less expensive than an AR. Also, affordable optic mounting options. BTW, I just spent $500 at Zahal, you guys are great!!

Ambi mag release, true. Also the tactical bolt catch. What is really needed is reduced cost for these types of upgrades. Between those 2 upgrades, that has increased the cost of my rifle by $180. Then the forend kit puts me at $1100. Many people would just move to an AR if they were going to spend that. Don't get me wrong, I own both but the CZ/VZ's appeal is that it shoots a large, cheap cartridge and is less expensive than an AR. Also, affordable optic mounting options. BTW, I just spent $500 at Zahal, you guys are great!!

Thank you for your business sir!

We do sell tactical bolt catches and ambidextrous magazine releases, but we agree: they can bump the price of the rifle.

These are great ideas! Some of which we have waiting in the wings already . . .

- I'd love to either see some adapters to let us use various AK stocks (like the yugo under folder, Bulgarian side folder etc) or even copies of these stocks designed for the VZ58.
- Simple A2 style flash suppressor
- Adaptor to allow use of AR or AK grips
- polymer mags
- Left handed bolt
- Ambi safety
- Improved trigger to reduce creep/over travel
- Galil/AKFX style folding stocks

Start bringing in products like this an I'l definitely drop some coin with you guys

Back
Top Bottom