Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171820 ... LastLast

Thread: dying to get the M37... ETA?

Quote Originally Posted by stencollector View Post
    Without N Sylva providing information of the likelihood of the M2/M3 hybrids receiving an FRT, I think I am going to have to pull my deposit soon.
    I as well.. This is not a threat as someone else will likely throw a deposit down as I was quite lucky to grab one at that time. The fact of the matter is things arent looking good and we arent getting any info. I hope its not a fight to get the deposit back. I still have a $100 bucks down on a T97 with Can ammo after what 3 years? Not doing that again.

Quote Originally Posted by stencollector View Post
    Without N Sylva providing information of the likelihood of the M2/M3 hybrids receiving an FRT, I think I am going to have to pull my deposit soon.

I do kind of feel for N sylva, as they imported these with the expectation that they were a slam dunk based on the lab's previous guidelines. Now they are going to have a fair chunk of change tied up in guns that are possibly not sale-able. The cost to make them "RCMP Lab legal" will likely raise the sale price substantially, possibly beyond what the market will bear.

Nobody makes any money on interest these days, although the deposits held will likely reduce the cost of borrowing if credit was used to purchase the inventory.
    I do agree its complete and utter BS what the Lab is pulling now and NS likely based their decision on the Labs previous rulings on these type of guns, but NS counted their chickens before they hatched and there may be a price to pay (And that price IS NOT going to include my deposit)

Personally I'll lay a good share of the blame on the RCMP lab. Hard to play the game when the goalposts can move at any time. Any importer has my sympathy wrt dealing with the lab. Having dealt with them myself on a project or two, I can attest to the hazards.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildcustom2's Avatar
    I know my opinion on this matter may be viewed as a bit harsh but there lack of response and accountability to Canadian firearms owners is what really burns me. It's a clear disregard for there accountability to Canadian firearms owners.

I will bump this thread daily until they give people a response as to WTF is going on. And not just some political BS response to cover themselves. They lock the thread and I'll start another. They've gone too far this time.

Bump for some answers for those that have deposits on a high dollar firearm that's not been delivered as promised.

Quote Originally Posted by mildcustom2 View Post
    I know my opinion on this matter may be viewed as a bit harsh but there lack of response and accountability to Canadian firearms owners is what really burns me. It's a clear disregard for there accountability to Canadian firearms owners.

I will bump this thread daily until they give people a response as to WTF is going on. And not just some political BS response to cover themselves. They lock the thread and I'll start another. They've gone too far this time.

First off, As previously stated I will give an update as to the status of the M37 when I get one myself. I'm in limbo the same as everyone else. The firearm has been submitted to the RCMP and is awaiting approval.

Secondly, North Sylva doesn't have any deposits from anyone on the M37/M2HB rifles. If you have a deposit down on one, you can contact your dealer you gave the deposit to. We announce these types of firearms to dealers strictly to forecast numbers. Dealers are free to pre-sell if they desire, but why hostility from the consumers is being directed at North Sylva, is beyond me. Frankly, we don't owe you anything at this point. We have long ago paid for these rifles that are sitting on our warehouse collecting dust. And I'm not talking a few hundred dollars for a deposit.

These will be coming, it's just a matter of when at the moment. And it's beyond my control.

Quote Originally Posted by North_Sylva View Post
    First off, As previously stated I will give an update as to the status of the M37 when I get one myself. I'm in limbo the same as everyone else. The firearm has been submitted to the RCMP and is awaiting approval.

Secondly, North Sylva doesn't have any deposits from anyone on the M37/M2HB rifles. If you have a deposit down on one, you can contact your dealer you gave the deposit to. We announce these types of firearms to dealers strictly to forecast numbers. Dealers are free to pre-sell if they desire, but why hostility from the consumers is being directed at North Sylva, is beyond me. Frankly, we don't owe you anything at this point. We have long ago paid for these rifles that are sitting on our warehouse collecting dust. And I'm not talking a few hundred dollars for a deposit.

These will be coming, it's just a matter of when at the moment. And it's beyond my control.
    The point is that you shouldn't be announcing new firearms to dealers or dealers customers until they at the very least have a FRT number issued for them. Dealers take deposits, firearms owners get excited for firearms they may very well never see. You've deliberately ignored people ( your last response was in June ) that have deposits on these giving no response on a forum that's members are 99.99% customers of dealers you sell too. If you don't want to be accountable and respond to your dealers customers then you shouldn't even be here on this forum in the first place plain and simple.

So what's the update on the M2HB? Last update I've heard was way back when someone said they were in the country but not assembled (no info on whether there was an FRT number or any other details). Look back at your lack of responses in this thread if you wonder where hostility came from. It can't be that hard to post an update every now and then, even if the status is "no change". In the absence of information people start filling in things themselves - and rarely do they guess on the positive side. Right now, for the M2HB's, if I read through the site it sounds like they are in country, not assembled, but due to some ruling on side plates/recievers they will be prohibited. Why not just quickly set the status straight?
    Sweet

These will be coming in, it's just a matter of when at the moment. And it's beyond my control.
    ok i really want one of these and the most important thing i saw in your post was in the last line stating that "These will be coming". how can you be sure of this? are you confident in saying that?
    Si vis pacem para bellum. "If you want peace, prepare for war".

Quote Originally Posted by mildcustom2 View Post
    The point is that you shouldn't be announcing new firearms to dealers or dealers customers until they at the very least have a FRT number issued for them. Dealers take deposits, firearms owners get excited for firearms they may very well never see. You've deliberately ignored people ( your last response was in June ) that have deposits on these giving no response on a forum that's members are 99.99% customers of dealers you sell too. If you don't want to be accountable and respond to your dealers customers then you shouldn't even be here on this forum in the first place plain and simple.
    Again, Most of your complaints have nothing to do with North Sylva. I can't control what you get "excited" over.
    When firearms that are very expensive or have limited numbers are bought to our attention. We have to gauge dealer reaction to the product. I'm not going to go through the trouble of getting an FRT number and spending a ton of capital investing into an item that may not sell. It's called smart business, and it's the reason we have been doing what we do since 1957.

While I can appreciate many people, including yourself are interested in this niche item, these things take time. And while they will be available (hopefully in the not so distant future) sometimes you have to be willing to wait.