Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 46789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Info regarding KRISS FRT#

Both theese apparent guns are both legally stored around 6ft under. Funny how sometimes i forget where i leave stuff
    Id Rather Be Judged By 12 Than Carried By 6

KRISS latest: http://www.faithgoldy.ca/kriss-vecto...n-origin-oops/

In my latest email exchanges with RCMP, I asked if the KRISS Vector FRT number had been suspended and, if so, why? Here’s what Corporal David Falls tells us:

“The RCMP’s Canadian Firearms Program (CFP) is not reviewing its previous expert opinion on the classification of the Swiss KRISS Vector. A new version, made by KRISS USA, has been introduced into the market, and is being assessed by the CFP so that it can be legally registered, if necessary, and sold in Canada. This is a routine activity of the CFP, which assesses over 3700 new firearms each year in order to fulfil its registration mandate under the Firearm Act.”

The exchange corroborates with what John from North Sylva told me earlier… You’ll recall in a previous post, I mentioned what came of my correspondence with John regarding the KRISS Vector specifically:

- John says he’s in regular contact with RCMP and they are hoping to restore FRT # within 60 days

- Kriss Vector is not under re-examination according to his knowledge

- ***RCMP say this was based on a misunderstanding of the origin of firearm

- Retail of KRISS Vector suspended for now

It’s the penultimate point that’s most important here. It seems as though, in importing a new version of the KRISS Vector, one made by KRISS USA, the RCMP/CFP– in their infinite wisdom– suspended the FRT # of the Swiss KRISS Vector in the meantime… Despite having already passed initial RCMP classification.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Yukon1911's Avatar
    That is awesome news! Thanks for the update and supporting the firearms community

CGN frequent flyer
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't ALL Kriss vectors made in the USA? My understanding is that there is no "Swiss" Kriss Vector and never was.

I did, however, hear no too long ago that Kriss was releasing a new version of the vector or a new gun all together... Maybe there's some truth to this.

I think TDI may have been a Swiss brand, and now that it's the KRISS brand, they're American?
    Thanks for the update, Faith! Puts me at ease, since my (restr.) one is only a few months old!
    "However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by mmcintyre1220 View Post
    Both theese apparent guns are both legally stored around 6ft under. Funny how sometimes i forget where i leave stuff
    Lol, I wonder how many of these have already been forgotten about

CGN frequent flyer
    Thank you for the update Faith. I love watching your coverage of this issue. You deliver the information with so much passion and it's obvious that you really care about it. Plus, well......you're gorgeous. Keep up the good work!

Great news thx faith !!!

Forgive my confusion and lack of knowledge here...

KRISS latest: 1. http://www.faithgoldy.ca/kriss-vecto...n-origin-oops/

In my latest email exchanges with RCMP, I asked if the KRISS Vector FRT number had been suspended and, if so, why? Here’s what Corporal David Falls tells us:

“The RCMP’s Canadian Firearms Program (CFP) is not reviewing its previous expert opinion on the classification of the Swiss KRISS Vector. A new version, made by KRISS USA, has been introduced into the market, and is being assessed by the CFP so that it can be legally registered, if necessary, and sold in Canada. This is a routine activity of the CFP, which assesses over 3700 new firearms each year in order to fulfil its registration mandate under the Firearm Act.”

Am I correct in assuming that the current “Non-Restricted” and “Restricted” versions are considered the “Swiss KRISS Vector” and the “new version, made by KRISS USA” is something else (the new 22lr???). Any clarification would be appreciated.
    How ironic...They wanna take away our guns in the name of "safety"...But I feel SAFER with the guns!