Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617182030 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible CZ 858 reclassification?

BANNED
    I don't see what would be the benefit of this. I can just go buy an SKS D-model, put an ATI tactical stock & handguards on it, and a 75-round drum. If I was a criminal, I would modify the drum to take more than 5 rounds. Great. The CZ gets outlawed, and there's 100 times more SKS's out there.

Cannon

Haven't read the whole post, so maybe someone suggested that. Can I tell "to whom it may concern", RCMP for instance, that I sold my NR vz-58 to a guy. I've checked his license, all were good BUT I didn't write his info down(name , etc). In case of BAN, I will not enjoy my rifle anymore but at least I can keep it. At second thought , what for??... The fact is I canNOT go to the range or hunting ....... sucks. You think they can do the same with m14. I was planning on buying Nironco m305... Thanks. Roman.

I think I'm going to shoot the living $hit outa my 858 today.

What is the source of this information? A Google search for CZ-858 reclassification doesn't turn up anything relevant except this thread. I love my NR 858, and would be devastated if I lost it.
    NFA Member

Quote Originally Posted by syndochrist View Post
    Mine was given away at a truth telling contest two towns over, go find it.
    Lol, that's my plan. All kidding aside, people just have to man up and commit some civil disobedience. Tell them politely, that no, they can't have your property.

Don't give them the satisfaction of getting even a single rifle if they do this.
    If you don't want to take the risk of owning it, destroy it or burry it. Give it
    to someone who doesn't care it's prohib or just keep it tucked away as a shtf
    rifle. Let them blow a gasket over it.
    Illegitimi non carborundum
    NFA CSSA

As of today (2013-06-09) the FRT shows that the CZ858 Tactical 2 (with the 483mm barrel) is still non-restricted, and no notes about its status being reviewed.

I also contacted my source with NWEST (Nation Weapons Enforcement) who indicated that he has heard rumours of the CZ858, but has NOT received anything from the CFC about it being reclassed. He will update me, if he receives anything.
    We do not rise to the occasion. We fall to our level of training.

Isn't this whole CZ 858 fiasco because some military shipments accidentally hit Canadian shores and were mislabelled? So now they are all being scrutinized?

Some are converted autos, ie: the recievers have been welded on the inside to be semi-only, I hear.

vented, reconsidered, deleted....
    Last edited by fireguy; 06-09-2013 at 04:57 PM.