Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible CZ 858 reclassification?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rick911's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big_boss View Post
    Some are converted autos, ie: the recievers have been welded on the inside to be semi-only, I hear.
    I've seen welded ones. What about them ? How will they find them all ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick911 View Post
    I've seen welded ones. What about them ? How will they find them all ?
    Under our asinine, archaic, draconian laws you cannot use converted autos (i.e. modified automatic receivers), they must be scratch built as semi-auto. Send letters...
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by VanIsler View Post
    Under our asinine, archaic, draconian laws you cannot use converted autos (i.e. modified automatic receivers), they must be scratch built as semi-auto. Send letters...
    I am not sure about this. If the auto receiver was never assembled as part of a rifle, the modification (semi only) took place prior to this and then a semi only rifle was built, I do not think it is classifed as auto. If I am wrong about this, how did any 858s get in?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by RCloud View Post
    I am not sure about this. If the auto receiver was never assembled as part of a rifle, the modification (semi only) took place prior to this and then a semi only rifle was built, I do not think it is classifed as auto. If I am wrong about this, how did any 858s get in?
    Bingo.

I hope that is true and the courts agree. I am no expert by any means.
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

858 receivers, from what ive read, are just referebeshed automatic recievers that are welded to be semi auto. honestly i can hardly believe that the RC's made them non restricted in the first place.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Claven2's Avatar
    Not so. The VZ58 family includes a lot of types. Some are new-made receivers, think recently made. Some are new-old-stock receivers machined for full auto, but never left the factory and were re-manufactured semi. Allegedly, some few were converted autos and, if true, those would be the problem children that re-classification would be trying to "catch".

The whoel thing is stupid. there are so many of these in Canada now it would be a nightmare to sort out what is legal and what is not. I'd be surprised if they don't either take them all under order in council to take away ambiguity, or alternately, pass legislation to outright legalize all variants that meet Hasselwander.
    Keeping it real on the range since before there was a CGN.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Anybody notice the number of June 13 noobs piping in as 'experts?' I'd almost want to tell them to go FK themselves. Almost.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Thank you Deckard that was refreshing

CGN frequent flyer
    I have to say, its refreshing reading a bit of optimism in the last page or so. Maybe im young and naive but I still hold out an inkling of hope for some common sense... I wouldnt bet the farm on it... but I have some minute inkling of hope for canada still. And even more hope my first hope is not hopeless...