Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 11131415161718192021222324252627282931 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible CZ 858 reclassification?

Quote Originally Posted by huntermb View Post
    Why? Mr. Wolverine's explanation that he posted in here yesterday wasn't good enough?
    Sorry bud, I must have missed his reply, I will scroll back through.

Wow, I found his replies, that is some serious storage $$$, hopefully we can all dig in and help those who put there necks out like this!
    Last edited by MET; 06-11-2013 at 02:55 PM.
    Join CSSA. Vote Conservative Andrew Scheer in 2019 if you value your firearms!

As long as I have known him (and it's a long time) Mr. Wolverine has always been fighting the good fight for us gunnies that are out there.

CGN Regular
    Why can gun owners not take action against the RCMP for stripping us of our rights and property?
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mike shickele View Post
    Why can gun owners not take action against the RCMP for stripping us of our rights and property?
    Mike
    The government says you have no property rights.

From the RCMP's standpoint they are simply doing their duty. 1. to enforce the law as it is written, employing all tools at their disposal. 2. trying to enhance public safety. 3. working towards total disarmament of the population. Which in their view is all within their mandate.

What we need to work towards is changing that mandate by removing the governance of the administration of the regulations from the hands of police and place it in the hands of a civillian service oriented agency. The job of this agency should be to administer the regulations as they are written, and to not "interprit" then in the light of competing mandates.

Placing administration of regulation, licensing and authorizations in the hands of a institution whos desire is to not issue licenses or authorizations and to work for more regulation is bound to result in administrative foot dragging, and institutional inefficiencies. and regulatory ant f**king that serves thier desires but serves no other stakeholders, neither the taxpayers who fund the work nor the license holders who need the services.

CGN frequent flyer
    I disagree... after reading some very interesting posts in the legalities forum it has become clear that a civilian organization is not the real answer and may cause more problems than it solves.

The real answer is to have the firearms act re-written with common sense rules that are CLEARLY defined. If this was the case, the RCMP would have no grounds to "fiddle" with things. As it is now, the act is so vague they can interpret it however they see fit and for whatever serves their purpose.

A re-write of the firearms act that gives legal and responsible firearms enthusiasts the freedom to enjoy this sport safely and without unnecessary restrictions is the only true "answer".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I think you have to take a step back. There is no "case" with the CZ at the moment. There is with the Swiss Arms and with the Kriss Vector - as in previous cases, the FRT# for those two have been pulled and they have been flagged as "under review". No such action has taken place with the CZ. Several vendors have reported that there is no change in the status of the FRT# for the CZ 858.
    That's what I'm asking: what has happened in the past? How long did it take for them to investigate the SAN, and then revoke the FRT? Can we extrapolate that from the date of the secret memo and apply (roughly) the same idea with the CZ 858? In other words, if X months have passed then we might reasonably assume that perhaps the CZ 858 WON'T be reclassified? If say, the investigation into the SAN started years before the CZ 858, then we could extrapolate that we aren't out of the woods yet with the CZ 858 (ie. it might still happen in the future).
    68 Answers for Antis:: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/1050777-Arguments-against-gun-prohibitionists
    All my posts are theoretical, temporal, for entertainment & not declarative of intent, advice or belief.

Quote Originally Posted by Bentleg View Post
    From the RCMP's standpoint they are simply doing their duty. 1. to enforce the law as it is written, employing all tools at their disposal. 2. trying to enhance public safety. 3. working towards total disarmament of the population. Which in their view is all within their mandate.

What we need to work towards is changing that mandate by removing the governance of the administration of the regulations from the hands of police and place it in the hands of a civillian service oriented agency. The job of this agency should be to administer the regulations as they are written, and to not "interprit" then in the light of competing mandates.

Placing administration of regulation, licensing and authorizations in the hands of a institution whos desire is to not issue licenses or authorizations and to work for more regulation is bound to result in administrative foot dragging, and institutional inefficiencies. and regulatory ant f**king that serves thier desires but serves no other stakeholders, neither the taxpayers who fund the work nor the license holders who need the services.
    Quoted for truth.

Just Sayin..........
    We shall be Canadians first, foremost, and always, and our policies will be decided in Canada and not dictated by any other country.
    John G. Diefenbaker

CGN Ultra frequent flyer st1264's Avatar
    So are we going to see a big frenzy in buying or a sell-off? Are restricted vz58 family rifles still being transferred?

I don't believe that the FRT # has been pulled for Swiss Arms rifles...yet. They RCMP have advised the importer not to bring any more in.

Mr. Wolverine promised he would burn his store records before handing them in to the authorities in support of a confiscation program. I hope he truly is a man of his word if things play out as the RCMP wish. Actions speak louder than words.
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe