Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible CZ 858 reclassification?

In before the lock!

CGN Regular
    You know really, what's the difference. It's not the prevention of this or that rifle, or this or that version of whatever rifle becoming prohib that we have to stop. Its the laws that allow this classification bull#### in the first place. It was sold semi-auto, and it only functions semi-auto as sold. As long as no one has illegally altered it, it should remain non-prohibited. Can anybody find any case in Canada where a person was shot with either a full-auto or a semi converted to full auto? This whole program is a waste of resources that could be used to deal with real crime, instead of making law abiding citizens criminals.

CGN frequent flyer
    And this is why we need to flood our MP's, PM's office and our friend Cheryl Gallant with letters that the RCMP's behaviour is unacceptable. The politicians don't seem to realize that they are now walking right into a political minefield. When they re-classified a few hundred rifles, it generated some degree of noise but not enough. What they are about to do now is: a) steal a lot more that usual people's properties ( those who somehow turn them in) and then much worse, b) create criminals out of decent law abiding citizens (those who refuse to turn the guns in) and apply Conservative government new law that imposes a minimum mandatory prison time. That law they have passed, will effectively become their worst enemy since it would persecute exactly those people who helped the Conservatives to get into power. Talk about shooting themselves into their own foot. It does not get much dumber than this. I am actually not all that convinced they would follow through with re-classification of such high volume firearm as CZ858/VZ58, there has got to be serious thousands of them out there but never say never. There is a clear pattern they want to ban all semi-autos and what is next? Levers ? Somehow they will find them not to fit the C-68 ? The RCMP has clearly turned into a rogue organization ( they have actually been behaving that way for long time ) and need to be straightened up or dissolved altogether, which is unlikely but we really need to start screaming at our politicians since they are too stupid to realize they are signing their own pink slips.
    Last edited by IMR4320; 06-07-2013 at 09:45 PM.

CGN Regular Animatronic Fireman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yerkel View Post
    In before the lock!
    These kinds of useless posts should warrant a warning.

That said, I am waiting for my CZ Canadian....hopefully this gets sorted out before I have to make a decision.

CZ-858 no officer I don't have it anymore I sold it to John from Ontario with my Kriss and Swiss arms......

Quote Originally Posted by Highland Fusilier View Post
    CZ-858 no officer I don't have it anymore I sold it to John from Ontario with my Kriss and Swiss arms......
    Ok so you do that but don't ever get caught with it in the public eye.
    That means you maybe able to hold onto your rifle but you will never be able to shoot it.
    Kind of pointless in having the rifle if you aren't allowed to shoot it.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by windage View Post
    That means you maybe able to hold onto your rifle but you will never be able to shoot it.
    Really the guys in Toronto don't seem to have a problem shooting their illegal handguns. They got it figured out already.
    Quote Originally Posted by rdelliott View Post
    The fact that outing yourself as supporting any party other than the CPC results in the same tsunami of intolerant outrage that you'd get from outing yourself as a gun owner at a meeting of the Dawson Student Council Special Subcommittee on Preventing Gun Violence and Promoting Tuition Fee Elimination for Vegan Lesbians of Colour might have something to do with it too.

Huh, mine just fell into an unmarked hole in the woods after accidentally being coated in heavy grease. Right next to a case of ammo. So very unfortunate for me.

I sold mine to lee harvey oswald. True story.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by windage View Post
    There are already lots of legally owned prohib. rifles that will never make it to the field or range, again.
    But they don't need to be "buried" like a potentially banned 858, would.
    You could always dig it up ever now and then, to polish and fondle it. Sounds like fun, eh?