Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible CZ 858 reclassification?

CGN Regular
    I had a quick read of the RCMP briefing note to the minister of public Safety regarding the SSD BD38 (Props to the NFA for posting)

http://nfa.ca/sites/default/files/RC...sification.pdf

The claims are that the BD38 failed two ways. They claim that original MP38 parts could be installed on the BD38 converting the gun to full auto. They also claim that the firearm could be converted to full auto easily with wire and small bits of metal.

I've looked one of the VZ civillian recievers, and I've looked at a video of a military VZ 58 where the full auto sear and reciever were still completely intact. There's no way the parts could be simply dropped into the civillian VZ I looked at.

If it comes down to it, there's a case to be made here that these aren't easily convertible to full auto.

this thread should be locked.....

But having said that.....the CZs and the VZs that are non-restricted will go the way of the Ak-47's that were once legal in Canada, were never registered in 1992 and were hidden in basements throughout the country.

Now please lock this thread, before half of Gunnutz throws themselves off a cliff.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DJdeadlyDALEK's Avatar
    What was the ultimate decision regarding the SSD BD38's owners? Were they reimbursed? Were they grand fathered? Has nothing happened as of yet?

Check my latest started threads for current firearms up for sale!

GunNutz
    this is the first time i am hearing of this CZ reclassification non sense. i think someone just made this up!

So there's a lot of sceptasism here with no real answer. Has anyone ever thought to ask the horses mouth? Basic principle really. You want an actual answer call the RCMP and ask. Why put it to the dealers, we all love them but none of them ever answer these panicked inquiries. And really what does a dealer care if he sells a rifle to us and then it's randomly reclassified. They got their money and we become the loosers and end up paying the price.
    I plan on making a call Monday morning to find out some info. Instead of getting my shorts in a knot.
    It is not left vs. right; it is government vs. you. When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

The RCMP has to be relieved of their duty to classify firearms.... but how? That's really how we're ever gonna solve this problem.

I have posted this in two other related threads, I think people might be getting excited for no reason with little proof.

This document (the document in question) is from 2010 but more importantly is the statement with regards to the background specifically that Wolverine wants to import these rifles. In addition, the report also states, ‘More information of the firearm has been requested from the business prior to making a decision concerning the classification’.

I read this as a report filed when Wolverine initially filed for importation not something current. The important statement with regards to the CZ is ‘More information of the firearm has been requested from the business prior to making a decision concerning the classification’. If I am not mistaken that decision has already been made. In my mind this is the initial classification of the rifles imported by Wolverine not a reclassification, but I could be wrong.

CGN frequent flyer
    The Conservative government should reclassify the current RCMP firearms experts into the "fired" class and replace them by police officers that are more interested in catching real criminals instead of going after ordinary gun owners...
    Last edited by Shrapnel; 06-09-2013 at 11:21 AM. Reason: typos galore...

CGN Regular

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rberresheim View Post
    this is the first time i am hearing of this CZ reclassification non sense. i think someone just made this up!
    Yep....pretty much - absolutely no evidence at all to substantiate or corroborate any of the claims. Indeed, all available info is that there is NO EFFORT to reclassify the CZ/VZ. All available info indicates that there are exactly TWO firearms facing possible reclassification: 1) Swiss Arms. 2) Kriss Vector. That's it. The RCMP might want to see the CZ prohibited but you are not going to see this government do it and they cannot do it themselves because it cannot be converted to full auto and it is not a variant of a banned firearm.