Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible CZ 858 reclassification?

Can someone more reputable (like a dealer) who has access to the FRT please either confirm or deny that the above changes have been made and that the CZ858 2V,2P, and 4P are in fact officially classified as full autos and are now prohibited?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms" - Thomas Jefferson
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin
    Proud Member of the the CPC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    And yet we still have dealers recording the sale of NR rifles in their log books....how hard do you think they will fight to keep that info. from the MAN when the request to hand it over comes?
    I think the RCMP will be pushy enough to get their hands on the log books. I bought my CZ858 from a dealer so if they become prohib, I expect a call. If they will pay me for it, fine....they will get the stripped receiver. If they won't pay me for it then I'll probably dewat it and hang it on my wall as a symbol of the complete BS that is our firearm laws.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    If this is the case the SVT40 will become prohib as well

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertaGunslinger View Post
    Can someone more reputable (like a dealer) who has access to the FRT please either confirm or deny that the above changes have been made and that the CZ858 2V,2P, and 4P are in fact officially classified as full autos and are now prohibited?
    I would think that CZ 858 2 P and V have always been prohibited (automatic) and it is the CZ 858 2 and 4 (without the P ) that are available in Canada but I would like to hear for sure as well.
    Last edited by RCloud; 06-08-2013 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    The Conservative government should reclassify the current RCMP firearms experts into the "fired" class and then replace them by police officers that more interested by catching real criminals instead of going after ordinary gun owners...
    LOL and too true.
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

If there is any planned court action from any of the importers or dealers , a comment from them could be a conflict of interest and detrimental to the outcome of a court challenge .

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    And yet we still have dealers recording the sale of NR rifles in their log books....how hard do you think they will fight to keep that info. from the MAN when the request to hand it over comes?
    All of the ones I've bought, and the several I have sold were through the EE after the registry was abolished. Good luck tracking them down.

"If" I had a non restricted CZ 858, there is no way for the government to know I own it. So there's nothing the really can do. I don't really see how the can take a fire arm from NR to prohib because the design was based on something that is prohib. Would all fire arms be eventually prohib? They all have a trigger!! And if I'm not mistaken, loaded and cocked, pull the trigger and it goes boom; for all handguns, shotgun and rifles.

RCMP and the CFO need to have some set of guidelines for making changes. It's getting very residulus. All they are doing is attempting to justify why they still have a job.

Quote Originally Posted by RCloud View Post
    I would think that CZ 858 2 P and V have always been prohibited (automatic) and it is the CZ 858 2 and 4 (without the P and V) that are available in Canada but I would like to hear for sure as well.
    Most of the Wolverine CZ858's that i have seen are stamped on the left side of the receiver CZ858 - 2 P . So if that picture of the FRT is right the 2P would have been NR at some point. 😞
    C.C.F.R.
    N.R.A.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Don B Kates.

Quote Originally Posted by Endernumberone View Post
    Most of the Wolverine CZ858's that i have seen are stamped on the left side of the receiver CZ858 - 2 P . So if that picture of the FRT is right the 2P would have been NR at some point. ��
    The CZ 848 4, I have seen are stamped V, the restricted models, so they look ok. I doubt the NR uses different parts with the exception of the barrels, so I can not see the restricted being good and the NR no good.
    I think, I am becoming increasingly convinced that this is old info (not sure about the CZH 2003). The line in the report with regards to wanting more info. prior to Wolverine importing these rifles, speaks volumes imho.

More information of the firearm has been requested from the business prior to making a decision concerning the classification’. This was in the report previous to Wolverine importing.
    Last edited by RCloud; 06-08-2013 at 07:43 PM.