Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible CZ 858 reclassification?

I hope it is all old info.

But all the Non Restricted CZ 858 - 2's i've seen are all stamped with a P or V. Which if that screen shot is current are classed as full auto now and were all purchased as non restricted.

Time will tell i guess.....
    C.C.F.R.
    N.R.A.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Don B Kates.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo14 View Post
    I think the RCMP will be pushy enough to get their hands on the log books. I bought my CZ858 from a dealer so if they become prohib, I expect a call. If they will pay me for it, fine....they will get the stripped receiver. If they won't pay me for it then I'll probably dewat it and hang it on my wall as a symbol of the complete BS that is our firearm laws.
    I was going to dewat mine and put it on the grill of my truck, LOL and drive around with it.

CGN frequent flyer
    I don't really buy this, the difference between CZ 858 Tactical 2 and Tactical P or V is a different stock, the P stands for infantry and it has a solid stock, the V stands for an air borne and that is the one with the metal folding stock. The original version also had 16" barrels or somewhere close to that dimension, the were rebarreled specifically for canadian market to conform NR standard, half the trigger mechanism gutted out and a steel block welded it all the way around, good luck converting that one to full auto.

Anyone want to sell their cz 858 PM me

Quote Originally Posted by zelly_101 View Post
    Anyone want to sell their cz 858 PM me
    If you're actually interested I just sent you a PM.

CGN frequent flyer
    Im pretty sure the RCMP has FRT #s on full auto version of guns we already have NR versions of, like the 858... those numbers are more than likely just the versions we were never allowed to have in the first place.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Endernumberone View Post
    I too would appreciate some information from Wolverine so that I can be aware of the actual facts of where this issue is currently.

Thank you,

A Wolverine customer.
    Funny they have been on line but don't seam to have much to say ?
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    Im pretty sure the RCMP has FRT #s on full auto version of guns we already have NR versions of, like the 858... those numbers are more than likely just the versions we were never allowed to have in the first place.
    I agree and think the same.

Quote Originally Posted by IMR4320 View Post
    I don't really buy this, the difference between CZ 858 Tactical 2 and Tactical P or V is a different stock, the P stands for infantry and it has a solid stock, the V stands for an air borne and that is the one with the metal folding stock. The original version also had 16" barrels or somewhere close to that dimension, the were rebarreled specifically for canadian market to conform NR standard, half the trigger mechanism gutted out and a steel block welded it all the way around, good luck converting that one to full auto.

No offense but im curious if this is fact. If this is the case then the receivers were manufactured full auto - select fire - and were remanufactured into semi-auto only versions for the 'non restricted market' hence the welded block. To me it makes no difference if the receiver had a welded block or never had that area for the full auto parts machined to begin with because im not the type of person to try to make my firearms go full auto. these laws are so illogical.
    Everything Is For Sale, It Just Depends How Much You Want To Spend

We should Prohibit the RCMP for their ease of conversion to Full-Retard