Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible CZ 858 reclassification?

I watched the feature on sun news. Not only did they mention the swiss arms black special and classic green, they also mentioned the CZ-858. What they were talking about is that these are rifles in both the non restricted and restricted categories based on barrel length. They spoke about the ramifications to the RCMP's decision. This is not good at all. What next?? There is little to no recourse. To fight it you need lots of money, a good lawyer, and even then you are not guaranteed the outcome is anywhere close to being in your favor.

If the next election goes Liberal/NDP we are all SOL. Say goodbye to all handguns, and most "black" rifles. Nothing is safe with those commies in power. Trudeau Sr. wanted to take the guns away, so does Jr.

With any luck, Turd-o Jr. will succumb to syphilitic dementia and the Lieberals will go the way of the Dodo. (fingers crossed)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CanadianReich's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo14 View Post
    I think the RCMP will be pushy enough to get their hands on the log books. I bought my CZ858 from a dealer so if they become prohib, I expect a call. If they will pay me for it, fine....they will get the stripped receiver. If they won't pay me for it then I'll probably dewat it and hang it on my wall as a symbol of the complete BS that is our firearm laws.
    theyll call it a prohibited replica firearm and toss you and your dewat'ed gun in jail........

imo mass ignoring of the law......let them toss thousands of us in jail......... (like registration of long guns......)

what is it, $50,000 a year per person to lock up a perfectly harmless and otherwise productive member of society?

Im sure that'd look good on the government and rcmp
    Last edited by CanadianReich; 06-09-2013 at 12:09 AM.
    Please ban this account. I've been using it so long, with so many posts and information divulged, I suspect most anyone can tell who I am now. Do I still have my "reasonable expectation of privacy" with this account? Time to move on.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by thedrewman View Post
    I watched the feature on sun news. Not only did they mention the swiss arms black special and classic green, they also mentioned the CZ-858. What they were talking about is that these are rifles in both the non restricted and restricted categories based on barrel length. They spoke about the ramifications to the RCMP's decision. This is not good at all. What next?? There is little to no recourse. To fight it you need lots of money, a good lawyer, and even then you are not guaranteed the outcome is anywhere close to being in your favor.

If the next election goes Liberal/NDP we are all SOL. Say goodbye to all handguns, and most "black" rifles. Nothing is safe with those commies in power. Trudeau Sr. wanted to take the guns away, so does Jr.
    Wrong attitude my friend. They'll surely win, if we just give in. But these are paper laws, nothing more. They can be changed in our favor if the will is there. It was a small lobby that got the long gun registry pushed through back in the 90s. And alot of firearms got prohibited back then, simply by name, and simply for appearance. But since then we've had a few victories. A couple of bullpups, A gun that looks very similar to an AK, and some black rifles entered the Canadian market, and I thought that would never happen. And the long gun registry has been dismantled. Its no time to give up. Its time to fight. You've taken the time to post here, take the time to write you MP, PM, Conservative Member if your riding is other. Make yourself known as a one issue voter - it worked in the States. The NFA is And make it hard and costly for the confiscators. If this does happen, and you've got a VZ and you get a notice in the mail take the option to refer it to a provincal court judge for review. If everyone with a VZ did this, you know how tied up the court system would be? The time involved would end up costing them more than the cost of compensation for the firearm. Join the NFA, they have a toll free number call em and tell them your displeasure with this. Enough calls by VZ owners, and it'll become a top issue. Whatever the confiscators eventually decide, and whatever you eventually decide, at least make it as difficult for them as legally possible.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Yukon1911's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianReich View Post

imo mass ignoring of the law......let them toss thousands of us in jail......... (like registration of long guns......)

what is it, $50,000 a year per person to lock up a perfectly harmless and otherwise productive member of society?

Im sure that'd look good on the government and rcmp
    Exactly!

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by 89crxtech View Post
    No offense but im curious if this is fact. If this is the case then the receivers were manufactured full auto - select fire - and were remanufactured into semi-auto only versions for the 'non restricted market' hence the welded block. To me it makes no difference if the receiver had a welded block or never had that area for the full auto parts machined to begin with because im not the type of person to try to make my firearms go full auto. these laws are so illogical.
    I was actually reffering to post # 58 on page 6, there is a list of CZ guns and it shows a number of versions of 858's on a list we are supposed to believe is the RCMP list. CZ 858 is a very popular rifle back in Czech republic and they have very strict rules for semi-autos and the receiver would pretty much have to be re-machined and the trigger changed and basically doubled up and by the time you would be done, it would mean a major reconstruction, certainly not done in your basement and with basic tools. I find it difficult to believe they would be producing semi-autos for their/ other markets and another version just for canadian market. 858 is as I understand it built specifically for civilian market and as such, fundamentally semi-auto. VZ 58 was primarily a military rifle that may have been later converted to semi-auto but I'm not 100% sure about that, I would have to see the actual receiver and its modifications.

Yes the image you describe is the 'CZ' search from the RCMP Online Firearms Reference Table (FRT). I do agree with you that any manufacturer would try to simplify processes during the production of any item. I find it odd that the FRT shows, top to bottom, a CZ 858 Tactical 2 (semi auto), then 3 Full auto, and 1 semi auto again. If all the receivers were the same they should all be classed as full auto. The fact I have seen is that for all the 'CZ 858 Tactical 2-P', even in the non-restricted barrel length, have a block welded to the interior of the receiver and that shows the receiver was never manufactured semi-auto only. I hate to say that Im not surprised that the RCMP deemed these to be autos or variants. My question now is why were they allowed to 'slip' by on the original verification/inspection for import and what is going to happen to all the owners of these firearms. It was the RCMP and/or the verifiers mistake to let these in. Not arguing, just frustrated with the pile of political BS steaming up from the RCMP since the Long-gun registry got scrapped (except for Quebec).
    Everything Is For Sale, It Just Depends How Much You Want To Spend

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by 89crxtech View Post
    My question now is...what is going to happen to all the owners of these firearms?
    Wouldn't those who already have 12(6) be grandfathered the right to continue possession as it would be reclassified as a Prohib?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by pazzo View Post
    Wouldn't those who already have 12(6) be grandfathered the right to continue possession as it would be reclassified as a Prohib?
    12-6 is short barrelled and .25 and .32 pistols.
    Only firearms registered under on of the prohibited categories as of the time of the legislation are grandfathered.
    Anything prohibited since then is just plain prohibited, and confiscated.
    Additional grandfathering would require legislation.

Whats with all this talk about the reclassifying first the swiss arms now this???? where is the proof or credible source??