Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3567891011121314151617181920212333 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible CZ 858 reclassification?

CGN Regular
    While VZ 858 hasn't been reclassified as of yet, several firearms have in the last several months. The ear;y Norinco T97s were reclassified prohibited a couple of years ago. The Armi Jager AP80 was reclassified to prohibited in the last six months. A walther bullpup was reclassified prohibited. The BD38 and BD3008 went prohibited. Sun News ran a couple of pieces where their sourced indicated the Swiss Arms Classics were slated for prohib status, and quoted a letter that there was "a case for reclassifiying the CZ 858." There are links on here where you can watch the Sun News video and see it for yourself. Kriss Vector is rumored to be up for grabs as well. Some retailers have been going out of their way to contact customers to see if they want to cancel their orders of Swiss Arms Classics, a rifle that retails regularly for around $3500. When a retailer tries to get out of selling you a $3500 firearm, I'd say their may be validity to their worries. At any rate, we are better off being prepared and continuously pushing for laws in or favor. The anti-gun crowd isn't going to stop anytime soon. If you can post here, you can send a few lines to a couple of politicians; the more of us that do, the more they will take notice.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Wild_Thing's Avatar
    Not sure if there is any merit to the CZ rumors, though I could see anything with a welded receiver to convert it from select fire to semi being prohibited. If that is the case then it should have been in the first place. There are a lot of folks here who would be affected by this. The RCMP would be admitting they made a mistake by allowing these to be sold to end users. Their mistake would be responsible for costing people money. This will be interesting if nothing else.
    Taking my favorite firearms fishing.

CGN frequent flyer boltonscouter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nisser17 View Post
    Speaking of rumours, I heard that because of the amount of CZ 858's in Canada(11,000) that they cant afford to pay out $800 a pop so all owners will get a upgrade to 12.(x) status. Also why no more CZ 858's will be sold.
    I'm curious about this! Anyone able to confirm this #??? Anyone (in the public) actually know how many are in Canada?? The currently NR ones in particular? If there really are 11,000 NR 858's that's allot of votes to just toss out the window for the PC's!!
    “ you didn't see anything !!!! ”

CGN frequent flyer boltonscouter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 89crxtech View Post
    Yes the image you describe is the 'CZ' search from the RCMP Online Firearms Reference Table (FRT). I do agree with you that any manufacturer would try to simplify processes during the production of any item. I find it odd that the FRT shows, top to bottom, a CZ 858 Tactical 2 (semi auto), then 3 Full auto, and 1 semi auto again. If all the receivers were the same they should all be classed as full auto. The fact I have seen is that for all the 'CZ 858 Tactical 2-P', even in the non-restricted barrel length, have a block welded to the interior of the receiver and that shows the receiver was never manufactured semi-auto only. I hate to say that Im not surprised that the RCMP deemed these to be autos or variants. My question now is why were they allowed to 'slip' by on the original verification/inspection for import and what is going to happen to all the owners of these firearms. It was the RCMP and/or the verifiers mistake to let these in. Not arguing, just frustrated with the pile of political BS steaming up from the RCMP since the Long-gun registry got scrapped (except for Quebec).
    Anyone got a photo of this so we know what exactly to look for?
    “ you didn't see anything !!!! ”

JIMBO 45 +1 we are not criminals ..get over it governement.
    E Clement

Super Moderator
    This is a business' forum. If you want a discussion, start a thread in a public forum. Thanks.

Maybe People would stop posting here if we could get an answer from the dealer themselves? Afterall the OP was originally asking the dealer to give us info, and with a lack of response, what else was expected to happen here but mass histaria?
    It is not left vs. right; it is government vs. you. When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CanadianReich's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick911 View Post
    I've seen welded ones. What about them ? How will they find them all ?
    where is this weld?
    photos please?

(hid the ID number on the gun thou, and no names as to who owns it)
    Please ban this account. I've been using it so long, with so many posts and information divulged, I suspect most anyone can tell who I am now. Do I still have my "reasonable expectation of privacy" with this account? Time to move on.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by cz52 View Post
    So this stupid thread has been up for almost three days and no one from Wolverine has posted...
    I think this is the scariest part of this whole thread!

Nobody is willing to say that it's "not" happening, and put their name to it, and that leads me to believe there may be some merit to the rumour.

edit