Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1323252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: Possible CZ 858 reclassification?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Molesto View Post
    Sniff sniff........Smell like BS to me.
    It may well be so. It's what I was told though, as the sum of my own research into the matter.

Sorry to be a bother.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CanadianReich's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tiriaq View Post
    It would take an OiC to reclassify them as restricted - and the RCMP cannot do that.
    They can be reclassified as prohibited, if it is established that they qualify as converted autos. Or if they were easily converted to full auto, within the guidelines established in the SCoC Hasselwander decision.
    what is "they"?

If a few specific guns in one shipment were made from old mil sup parts can they simply blanket ban ALL CZ858s as converted auto?

or would it be specific to that shipment...
    Please ban this account. I've been using it so long, with so many posts and information divulged, I suspect most anyone can tell who I am now. Do I still have my "reasonable expectation of privacy" with this account? Time to move on.

Super Moderator
    Any reclassification on the basis of CA status would apply only to guns that qualify as CAs - guns that were made as selective fire, and then subsequently altered to semi only.
    If receivers intended for selective fire rifles were used, being altered during manufacture of the rifles, the resulting firearm is not CA. To be a CA, the rifle must have been finished as selective fire.

Hi guys I'm new here, I have one of these rifles (restricted)and just wondering say if they did prohibit them what happens next? Are you grandfathered in or would they come and take it? And if they took it
    are you s hit out of luck? Because there not that cheap in price. Thanks

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo45 View Post
    Can't take what they can't find people need to grow a set and just say no your not getting it they don't have big enough jails to lock us all up
    would you resist if cops tried taking ur guns?

Quote Originally Posted by bitinginfo View Post
    Nobody would come knocking on your door if you bought one after the long-gun registry (provided the rifle is Non-Restricted) and I say "after" because we still don't know 100% if Non-Restricted records have really been shredded....If Canada is tough enough to have a special forces team (JTF2) then I'm sure there's a file somewhere containing all previous long gun registry data. Again, going back to passing laws that are enforceable.

Quote Originally Posted by bitinginfo View Post
    Well that is the difference between some Canadians and our American friends. I wonder what our American friends would do? Do you think they would willingly hand their guns to Obama or any government agent that shows up on their door demanding their property? No.
    I wish Canadians would take a harder line. This reminds me of 1992-1994. Liberals and Conservatives banning various black guns. And I can tell you from personal experience, at least in Ontario, I never witnessed such cowardice as local gun owners ditching their AKs, ARs, HKs and FNs ( I am NOT saying everyone Ontario gun owner but alot did this).

I remember going into a gun shop in Toronto in 1994 before the ban and spending $6000 and I bought all the black and red rifles that I could find. I remember a FUDD customer at the counter asking if he could have a word with me. He said "son don't buy those guns, the government doesn't want us to have them, there not hunting guns they are going to come for you, you know." I told the old FUDD to eff off (seriously). I remember talking to the gun shop owner, he told me that everyone east of the Manitoba border were selling and everyone west of the Ontario border were buying. Says a lot about Canadians.
    I think we have something to learn from our American friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert777 View Post
    ....He said "son don't buy those guns, the government doesn't want us to have them, there not hunting guns they are going to come for you, you know."......
    Maybe he said this to you because he wanted them all for himself! it's a dog-eat-dog world my friend. There were 8 boxes of .22 Winchester bulk 555 at my local gun shop, and I wanted to buy 2 but the guy in front of me bought them all out. I asked him if he would mind at least letting me have one, and he just turned around and proceeded to pay...the gun shop should have a limit on ammo buying (specially in a case such as mine) and Wal-mart in the U.S has a 3 box-only policy per family, per visit.

Quote Originally Posted by dalebrown5546 View Post
    Maybe he said this to you because he wanted them all for himself! it's a dog-eat-dog world my friend. There were 8 boxes of .22 Winchester bulk 555 at my local gun shop, and I wanted to buy 2 but the guy in front of me bought them all out. I asked him if he would mind at least letting me have one, and he just turned around and proceeded to pay...the gun shop should have a limit on ammo buying (specially in a case such as mine) and Wal-mart in the U.S has a 3 box-only policy per family, per visit.
    no...this guy was a FUDD, plain and simple. And getting an COLT AR-15 new in the box $500 was a sweet deal, or a Hungarian AK47 FEG for $250 even better.

BANNED
    South East of the Center of the Universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert777 View Post
    no...this guy was a FUDD, plain and simple. And getting an COLT AR-15 new in the box $500 was a sweet deal, or a Hungarian AK47 FEG for $250 even better.
    What colour is the sky where you live?