Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141626 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible CZ 858 reclassification?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by RCloud View Post
    I have posted this in two other related threads, I think people might be getting excited for no reason with little proof.

This document (the document in question) is from 2010 but more importantly is the statement with regards to the background specifically that Wolverine wants to import these rifles. In addition, the report also states, ‘More information of the firearm has been requested from the business prior to making a decision concerning the classification’.

I read this as a report filed when Wolverine initially filed for importation not something current. The important statement with regards to the CZ is ‘More information of the firearm has been requested from the business prior to making a decision concerning the classification’. If I am not mistaken that decision has already been made. In my mind this is the initial classification of the rifles imported by Wolverine not a reclassification, but I could be wrong.

EXACTLY! In other words, the RCMP ######s tried every trick they could imagine to find a way to prohibit them and failed thus they are making the suggestion to cabinet to do the deed - something this government will not do.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by smartbomb View Post
    The RCMP has to be relieved of their duty to classify firearms.... but how? That's really how we're ever gonna solve this problem.
    Absolutely. There are clearly established criteria for non-restricted, restricted and prohibited firearms and those guidelines should be the one and only deciding factor in classification. This idea of maintaining lists of firearms that should be restricted or prohibited because they "look scary" despite meeting non-restricted criteria is idiotic and illogical. As far as the criteria itself, goes, they need to specifically spell out in legislation what "easily converted to full auto" means. There should be nothing subjective in the process - apply the letter of the law, end of story. That would result in firearms such as the AR being non-restricted as they should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Yep....pretty much - absolutely no evidence at all to substantiate or corroborate any of the claims. Indeed, all available info is that there is NO EFFORT to reclassify the CZ/VZ. All available info indicates that there are exactly TWO firearms facing possible reclassification: 1) Swiss Arms. 2) Kriss Vector. That's it.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    EXACTLY! In other words, the RCMP ######s tried every trick they could imagine to find a way to prohibit them and failed thus they are making the suggestion to cabinet to do the deed - something this government will not do.
    That's not exactly what I said, I just believe this is old news.

Wow!!!!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfooter View Post
    Lol... My letter got posted

Even if the 858 is safe for now, I'd be a bit concerned that the RCMP thinks anything that LOOKS like an AR-15 IS an AR-15 or that knock offs of military firearms are variants of them.

I still think my closed-door agreement between the Tories and the RCMP theory still stands - the RCMP makes $24 million/year on licensing fees now that the amnesty on license renewals is expired. That's really big money, and reclassification of non-res could severely hurt the RCMP's revenue if people STOP getting licenses.
    Last edited by harbl_the_cat; 06-10-2013 at 09:23 PM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by harbl_the_cat View Post
    Lol... My letter got posted
    I should have known: H.T.C. = harbl_the_cat!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer hawk-i's Avatar
    And yet we still have dealers recording the sale of NR rifles in their log books....how hard do you think they will fight to keep that info. from the MAN when the request to hand it over comes?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Wow it doesn't take long for the rabble crowd to smell blood. Enjoy your short stay 'truther.'
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.