Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket GSG 1911-22 parts

Thanks Ryan!

Ryan,
    Any chance of getting a BLACK FRIDAY special on the ZRTS Deluxe Enhancement package?
    I exist solely for comedic relief..... oh, and drugs!

A friend of mine purchased a GSG 1911 few months back. He asked me to show him how to disassemble the pistol. I noticed the 2nd gen Skeletonized Aluminum Guide Rod is back. 2 other shooters bought their pistols early this year, with Steel Guide Rod. Just wondering, why GSG has reverted back to the 2nd gen Skeletonized Aluminum Guide Rod. The 1st gen of this aluminum guide rod is the one that has no solid rounded profile at the base where the recoil spring is sits and is a common breaking point. There are still reported problems with 2nd gen, though not as bad as the 1st gen. Is this the case with newer GSG 1911, back to aluminum guide rod?
    Last edited by ambishooter; 11-28-2013 at 09:27 AM.

Revolted
    The steel guide rods may have been a previous generation or earlier serial number of pistol. The skeletonized guide rod is the standard one which is installed on all GSG pistols at this time and there is no plan to make any changes back to the original design. This is why we are now offering the ZRTS upgrades which are available at retailers across the country.

Best regards,
    Ryan
    Blue Line Team

CGN Ultra frequent flyer P0WERWAGON's Avatar
    well the ZRTS kit fixed my gun. smooth as butter now. thanks again

POWERWAGON, what exactly did the ZRTS kit fix? Just need to know if I need a fix as well.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Quote Originally Posted by 9mmGunGuy View Post
    POWERWAGON, what exactly did the ZRTS kit fix? Just need to know if I need a fix as well.
    The ZRTS stuff is made to target a few of the basic issues with the gun.

Guide Rod: The early (+) one is infamous for snapping. Plus some people just want a full length.
    Spring: Replaces the older one with one better suited for the recoil of a 22LR
    Slide Alignement Cone: Makes the alignment of the slide and barrel consistent to improve accuracy. (Slide mounted sights + slide/barrel wobble = changes in POA)
    Barrel Bushing: The early plastic one isn't very durable and has a history of breaking.
    Compensator: Handle the wicked barrel rise of 22LR

Of course the second gen+ GSG's had the Guide Rod/Barrel Bushing problem mostly fixed but you can still benefit from a spring/SAC for accuracy and consistency. Or you can be like me and order the kit because it looks cool haha.

-------

I have had my GSG1911 for about 200 rounds and always had issues with cheap bullets failing to eject no matter the condition. After putting the kit in and giving it another really good cleaning I noticed my accuracy improved a bit but more surprisingly that my winchester 555's would actually eject 95% of the time. I have no doubt when I finally break the gun in I will have my 100% reliability but for right now it works perfectly with CCI's and mostly perfect with bulk bin.
    Last edited by TyK; 11-28-2013 at 11:06 AM. Reason: wrong round count
    I try to be open minded but I'm afraid my brain will fall out.

Thanks, TyK, for the detailed explanation.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

CGN Ultra frequent flyer P0WERWAGON's Avatar
    my guide rod was too short. last time out the spring got jammed between the rod and the plunger and locked up the gun. the kit has a longer rod and now cannot have that problem again.

Revolted
    We have made a quick informative post regarding ZRTS aftermarket accessories for the GSG 1911 on our website.

Please follow this LINK, to read it.

Your comments and questions are welcome.

Thank You.

Blue Line Team.
    Last edited by Blue Line; 12-04-2013 at 03:35 PM.