Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket GSG 1911-22 parts

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Line View Post
    ZRTS parts will not void the factory warranty provided by Blue Line to any pistols which we have imported. We are constantly in communication with GSG and they are very receptive to all of our input about what we are seeing in the market and upgrades we are suggesting. As with any industry there are always products to increase the performance of a product. With the newest generations of GSG 1911 pistols we have been very happy with the improvements made and we are seeing very few failures of factory parts.

As a side note: The ZRTS products have been produced and shipped and we are expecting to receive them at the beginning of next week. As soon as they have been received we will be posting pricing and availability for all products which have arrived.

Cheers,
    Ryan
    .................................................. ......
    OK, an excellent response on the part of Blueline. Now it's GSG's turn to step up and either supply corrective components of equal quality under warranty or maybe a rebate program and just let the ZRTactical or cwaccessories corrective components to be used instead or in the meantime. I still say I expected better from German engineering.

I will be picking mine up soon and am looking forward to playing with it. However, what is meant by "the newest generations"? Is there a serial number that differentiates between what you are claiming to be "very few failures" product and what is, by my inference, earlier models that are the ones more prone to failure? I somehow think your response to this question may not be as definitive as your last reply.
    "I've been offered a lot for my work, but never everything.", The Magnificent Seven
    "Nothing wrong with quiet.", Jeremiah Johnson
    CCFR CPC member ONTARIOPC member

Revolted
    GSG has been extremely supportive in efforts to keep customers pistols up and running. If a pistol fails and it is a warranty issue, we will do everything we can with the help of GSG to get the pistol repaired and back in service. GSG has stepped up in every way that we have asked which has allowed us continue to work with customers and keep their pistols running. There have been several different generations of GSG pistols over the past several years and they continue to make small improvements with feedback from both customers and distributors across the globe. There are no specific serial numbers where these changes have taken place and many of these changes have been very small gradual changes unnoticeable to most. As we are the warranty center for Canada we see all of the issues people may be having with their pistols and we try to keep all of the parts on hand to keep people up and running with their GSG products. If you have any more specific questions or concerns please feel free to contact us directly at info at blsolutions.ca

Cheers,
    Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by canthitathing View Post
    .................................................. ......
    OK, an excellent response on the part of Blueline. Now it's GSG's turn to step up and either supply corrective components of equal quality under warranty or maybe a rebate program and just let the ZRTactical or cwaccessories corrective components to be used instead or in the meantime. I still say I expected better from German engineering.

I will be picking mine up soon and am looking forward to playing with it. However, what is meant by "the newest generations"? Is there a serial number that differentiates between what you are claiming to be "very few failures" product and what is, by my inference, earlier models that are the ones more prone to failure? I somehow think your response to this question may not be as definitive as your last reply.

CGN Regular
    OK, another excellent response from Blueline and verbal support for GSG. After having read through 39 pages of posts on a 1911 specific US forum, getting a sense of the "history" behind the GSG 1911, it set the stage for knowing what issues existed, how they evolved in the period of 2009/2010 to date and what I will keep an eye out for when I eventually get to shoot my recent purchase (as yet not even received).

There is a very interesting individuals history with his GSG 1911 over a 2 year period and 27,000 rounds of use dating back to 2010 purchase in the USA, the issues he had, the support he got from GSG and the US distributor (ATI). It mentions some of the issues already addressed in this thread. Overall it is a very encouraging story. I believe Blueline and GSG will fully stand behind the 1911-22 and I have no "buyers remorse" at all with my decision to purchase a GSG. The article is on the rugerforum .net

I'm eagerly awaiting picking up my GSG and actually spoke with the CFC office today so it should be soon. Great, just in time for me to be out of town chasing Moose around the bush, lol.
    Last edited by canthitathing; 10-16-2013 at 04:48 PM.
    "I've been offered a lot for my work, but never everything.", The Magnificent Seven

CGN frequent flyer 84fuegoturbo's Avatar
    GSG has been extremely supportive in efforts to keep customers pistols up and running. If a pistol fails and it is a warranty issue, we will do everything we can with the help of GSG to get the pistol repaired and back in service. GSG has stepped up in every way that we have asked which has allowed us continue to work with customers and keep their pistols running. There have been several different generations of GSG pistols over the past several years and they continue to make small improvements with feedback from both customers and distributors across the globe. There are no specific serial numbers where these changes have taken place and many of these changes have been very small gradual changes unnoticeable to most. As we are the warranty center for Canada we see all of the issues people may be having with their pistols and we try to keep all of the parts on hand to keep people up and running with their GSG products. If you have any more specific questions or concerns please feel free to contact us directly at info at blsolutions.ca

Cheers,
    Ryan
    This is why i would not hesitate to buy a GSG from Blue Line, my M&P22 has been sent to the authorized Canadian dealer and then to SW. Its been gone for 6 months now. I dont think i would ever buy again that product again knowing the delay in getting my firearm back for what seemed to be a part drop in.

Quote Originally Posted by 84fuegoturbo View Post
    This is why i would not hesitate to buy a GSG from Blue Line, my M&P22 has been sent to the authorized Canadian dealer and then to SW. Its been gone for 6 months now. I dont think i would ever buy again that product again knowing the delay in getting my firearm back for what seemed to be a part drop in.
    I feel bad for you... A buddy of mine sent his S&W 1911 in for repair in May of 2012 and it is still sitting in Massachusetts. Latest word from S&W was that they had a "computer glitch" that was preventing them from shipping back any repairs to Canada. They hope to have that capability back up again in "3-4 weeks".

CGN frequent flyer 84fuegoturbo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMagoo View Post
    I feel bad for you... A buddy of mine sent his S&W 1911 in for repair in May of 2012 and it is still sitting in Massachusetts. Latest word from S&W was that they had a "computer glitch" that was preventing them from shipping back any repairs to Canada. They hope to have that capability back up again in "3-4 weeks".
    I got heard that as well, they were shutdown for 2 weeks holidays during summer, then it was a "new" computer system that was introduced so who knows when i'll get it back

CGN Regular
    So any update on the ZRTS stuff Ryan? And maybe the website too....Im itchin to do some shopping!

CGN Regular
    I picked up my GSG 1911 .22 last Saturday. Not having seen the internal construction beforehand, I was a bit unnerved by the talk of the barrel set screw. But having disassembled it now for initial cleaning/lubrication, I found that the barrel and frame have a slotted overlap connection through which the slide stop pin, barrel set screw and another pin go through, so it should be decently aligned. The set screw is very fine threads so I'm not surprised that it gets stripped too easily and this was my biggest interest in the aftermarket guide rod assembly that claimed to eliminate the need for the set screw anyway.

I haven't fired it yet and I find the sights pretty poor. I might use glow-on to brighten up the sight dots and replace the sights altogether if that is not good enough for my old eyes, lol.

My pistol has the X shaped guide rod (sigh), so I guess I will grudgingly consider the ZRTactical deluxe package if it is not gougingly priced. For those who have already installed the deluxe package, how exactly does the extra barrel guide piece work to eliminate the set screw? The overlapping slotted connection between the barrel assembly and the frame is nice and snug on mine with no "slop" or wiggle room (as yet unfired keep in mind) and the barrel does not wiggle when in battery.

I know we have deluxe enhancement packages on the order as well as stainless guide rods and packages. We also have slide alignment cones by themselves as well as some of their compensators on this shipment. No barrel bushings on this order I don't believe.
    Is a custom fitted SAC an option for us Canucks?
    CCFR Member & CSSA Member • “Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.” - HST

Revolted
    Our first shipment of ZRTS products should be clearing customs today. We are hoping to have our new website up and running today and will be taking pictures of the products and adding them to our store. I will update this thread with a link as soon as they arrive.

Cheers,
    Ryan